two

Misha loved sleeping and sleeping loved Misha. It was that simple, but Haider Ali Khan never understood that. He had to wake her up from her beauty sleep that too with a mug of water every freaking day. Haider chuckled slyly as he stared at Misha's annoyed face, who was at first confused and then realized the water upon her face and pillows.

"Haider Ali Khan. How dare you?" she yelled at him angrily and got up from her bed.

"You have college in like fifteen minutes and you're not yet ready. So not my fault that you've been sleeping like a log. I had to wake you up." he shrugged coolly whilst Misha's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh. No. Oh. No. Shoot me." she said in a horror-stricken voice.

"Sorry, I don't have a gun. I'll keep in mind to carry it the next time," he replied sarcastically. Which made her glare at him.

"You! Why did you not wake me up earlier?" Misha shot him a furious glare, to which he smirks mischievously and she didn't wish to listen any further.

Haider loves getting on her nerves.

Oh, damn him.

She's late to her college, yet again.

Her professor is surely going to make her stand outside.

"How much I wish to strangle you to death. Ugh." she pulled her hair in frustration, but Haider found it rather funny.

He loved annoying Misha Ahmed. That was his favourite thing to do. He likes how her cheeks turn all pink when she gets angry.

"Misha, oh thank God you're not ready. Your father asked you to stay at home today. And well, get dressed nicely we've visitors today." her mother, Huda said to her daughter in an exhausted voice.

"Okay, Ammi." Misha was glad that she didn't have to go to college today. Her face clearly showed how happy she was about this news, for she was displaying her Colgate teeth widely.

"Go and brush your teeth. Your breath smells." Haider said while making a disgusting face.

She frowned at him and walked into her bathroom.

Both he and Huda were surprised when she didn't pick on a fight with him.

Huda then gives him with an I'm-so-done-with-you kind of look. He just stared at her with a sheepish smile and runs from there.

He was twenty-six years old. But nobody believed that. He never acted his age anyway.

•••

Misha was in for a surprise when she found the Ahmed Villa all bright and beautiful.

"What's happening? Why the sudden decorations, will anyone tell me?" Misha asked no one in particular but everyone were busy doing their own work that they failed to even acknowledge her presence.

Rude. She muttered under her breath and walked to the living room, which was empty and only the shaitaan was present there.

"Where's everyone else?" Misha asked him as she sat on the sofa and took the newspaper in her hands.

"They're in Nani's bedroom, discussing some adult stuff," Haider muttered the word adult stuff a little too bitterly which made Misha laugh hysterically.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Enough." Haider said with a huff.

"Your twin was inside but you're not allowed in. Wow. And you say you're an adult." Misha couldn't just let go of this golden opportunity now, can she?

"Shut up, Misha," Haider said in a boring tone.

"Oh, Haider. You wound me." Misha laughed again but stopped when she found him glaring at her, Haider never gets mad. But when he's mad, you would not want to witness it. So, she kept quiet.

"Why are these decorations happening?" Misha asked to which he shrugged.

"So, we're both the only children in this family then." Misha tries to cheer him up, he smiled faintly and thank God, she was so glad.

She liked annoying and funny Haider better.

"Looks like someone is coming to visit us. They might be very special if they're decorating the house this nicely." Misha comments as she observed her surroundings.

"Yeah, right," he replied.

They then heard the doorbell ringing; Misha and Haider smiled at each other and ran to open it.

"Assalamualaikum." they both greeted the unknown people who were standing at the doorstep of the Ahmed Villa.

"Walaikum Assalam." the lady in front of them greets them followed by two other people, her face was on Haider the whole time. She didn't even acknowledge Misha.

Which made Misha dislike that person whoever she was.

There was a tall guy of Haider's age and a young girl standing along with the lady. And a middle-aged man comes out of nowhere who must be that lady's husband. They looked like a good family.

Misha and Haider had no idea of who the heck they are. But they invited them in with a polite smile.

"Are you Hamza or Haider?" the girl asked Haider bluntly.

"He's Haider," Misha replied for him.

The girl nods her head and looked around. The moment she told that he was Haider, the family's eyes were searching for someone else.

"I'll go and call everyone," Misha whispered to Haider and walked to her daadi's bedroom.

•••

The Ahmed family consisted of Mihir Ahmed, the elder son, his wife Huda and their lovely daughter Misha. He had a little brother who lived abroad with his family. Mihir also had a sister who lives with them.
She was Shaziya Ali Khan, the wife of late Rehaan Ali Khan. Ever since her husband passed away, she was living with her elder brother and her mother, Rheana Ahmed.

The khan family never bothered to visit her again. They rarely did call her. And that was why the sudden visit of late Rehaan Ali Khan's brother took Haider and Misha by surprise.

The others looked so cool about this. So, they're the only people who weren't aware of this visit then.

"Masha Allah. Hamza beta. You've grown up so handsome and responsible. I'm so proud of you. Rehaan bhai must be proud of you too." the lady named, Maha said to him.

Hamza smiled shyly.

Misha didn't wish to look too obvious but she was drooling at him.

Strangely the young girl, who was of Misha's she was also staring at Hamza dreamily.

Misha didn't like the way the girl was ogling at her cousin like that. He was her cousin too. But still.

"So, Shaziya Bhabhi. When should we keep the nikkah?" asked Basher, the younger brother of Rehaan.

"Whenever you wish bhai," Shaziya said whilst smiling at her elder twin, Hamza lovingly.

Haider and Misha passed each other a curious look, not understanding what the hell was going on.

"Phupo who's getting married?" Misha asked a bit curiously.

The Ahmed family and khan family passed each other a knowing smile and Huda informed her daughter, "our Hamza and Noor are getting married in a few weeks."

"What?"
"I mean wow, Masha Allah." Misha was so not expecting this and judging by Haider's expressions, he wasn't aware of this either.

Wow. Hamza looked so happy with this news.

"Hamza and Noor were engaged at the age of five only." Maha, the mother of Noor says with a wide smile on her face.

Misha was shocked yet again.

This hurt her so bad.

She did not expect this. Not even in her wildest dreams.