Their Return

A hand yanked him back from the edge. Tommy's stomach whirled as he fell to his knees.
I can't...
He desperately tried to focus on a roof tile. His breathing became spastic.
Too...high...

The hand again grabbed his collar and dragged Tommy to his feet. Wilbur's face came into view.
"Hey Tommy...Tommy focus big man."
Tommy's stomach shifted again and he became a little paler.
"We have to get down okay? We have to get out of here."

Wilbur latched his hand with Tommy's as they scrambled across the roof. A dark, purple cloud thundered above them.
"What..."
Tommy steeled his gag.
"What is that? What is h-happening?"
Wilbur grabbed his brother's side. Grabbing onto a vine Wilbur roughly climbed down.

"THESEUS!"
A shrill scream sounded out from the centre of the kingdom.
"Ssshhhhit."
Wilbur mumbled again dragging Tommy.
"Take your robe off."
Tommy blinked.
"What? Why?"
"Trust me."

The duo got to the castle wall. Tommy shook off his red robe. Wilbur took each side in a hand and ripped it.
"Hey! That was expensive."
Wilbur rolled his eyes as he threw one side over the wall.
"And now it's finally going to do something valuable."

They climbed over into the bustling city below. People from all over the kingdom were trading and enjoying the festivities. Tommy watched as Wilbur scanned the ground. He was sizeably taller than everyone but then again so was Tommy.
"Where is a safe place?"
Wilbur questioned. Tommy's eyebrows furrowed.
"I don't...know."

"You don't know?"
Wilbur continued to make his way to the city walls. Tommy grabbed a coat off the rack of a stall, the sullen instincts coming back to him. He placed the hood over his face so he couldn't be recognised.
"Forget that, you have some explaining to do brother. Who the hell was that? What potions was she usi-"

Wilbur swung around. Fear painted in his face. An inhumane scream came from behind him.
"Run."
Tommy didn't waste time, dashing into the nearest building. A stampede of people rushed outside the windows. Screaming, terror. Crying and the slamming of doors rang out. Wilbur swung the door open and slammed himself to the ground next to Tommy. Tommys heart was drunk into in his ears, his throat felt dry. He opened his mouth but Wilbur briskly placed a finger over his lips.

A faint, rhythmic thud overcame the sudden silence of the streets.
Thunder?
The sound grew louder, and louder. The walls began to shudder. Another sound, more disoriented, vile almost could be heard.
Grunts, groans; creaking of what sounded like tree bark breaking or cabbage being crushed; hissing and tiny shrieks.

"Wilbur what's out there?"
Wilbur kept his eyes on the opposite wall, refusing to look anywhere else.
"That out there?"
His crimson eyes met Tommy's.
"That was the end of her being reasonable."