Unspoken

"It is simple. Tonight we will have prospective allies and their counterpart spokesmen at this gala."

Tommy strolled down the spacious hallway. White with the edging newly furnished with gold. The older emerald that...was once there was taken down immediately.
"You have one responsibility and one alone."
A swarm of servants shuffled by carrying along the flower arrangements.
"Don't mess up."

A figure staring at a painting ahead made Tommy halt in his steadfast walk. He raised his hands and obediently Purpled redirected the Lords toward the throne room. His rambling voice dimmed and Tommy moved closer toward the figure. His brother's face came into focus. The older man stood staring at a painting. Tommy recognised the work.

It was one he himself found himself gazing at often before. Their family portrait. More specifically the three brothers. A young Wilbur calm as could be with his head against the willow tree behind him. Tommy could be seen gleaming with pride, a mere child at the time the portrait was done, braiding the long hair of the one who caught his older brother's gaze: Technoblade.

"Was he ever there with you?"
Tommy whispered, standing next to his older brothers side. Wilbur's lips pulled into a grim line.
"No."
His jaw seemingly clenched and the fists on his sides balled up. Tommy realised what he must have been thinking.

"You would have gone with them too. It was just your en-"
"I don't think so."
Wilbur hissed under his breath. Tommy looked away.
"Tommy..."
This time Wilbur whispered, a clear pain in his voice.
"Hell isn't the worst place. What makes it hell is the lost dreams, lost hopes and lost love of the people there."
Something changed Wilbur's entire demeanour. A flash of memories.

Tommy could have sworn he even saw the man shiver.
"It...drives you insane. You would do anything to find some peace once again. So I pray that they are not down there. I pray that they found peace."
Tommy clutched his brother's hand.
"But you are here now. Surely this can be a second chance? To redeem yourself? Perhaps now you can lead a life and achieve their peace."

Wilbur took a shaky breath as his king fingers traced their oldest brother's face.
"It was his fault. Not yours."
Tommy reassured. Wilbur's eyes closed as a distasteful smile crossed his face before his crimson eyes pierced Tommys.
"Oh believe me brother, I realise that the blame is not mine."
Tommy gulped.
He wouldn't blame you either, he thought almost to steady himself.

Tommy cleared his throat and moved slightly away from the iron gaze of Wilbur.
"A-Anyway I wanted to inform you of todays gala. It is vital that we secure allies tonight. I trust that you will behave."
Wilbur half nodded and continued to study the painting.
Tommy shook off the feeling that had engulfed him, straightened his crown and turned away.

"Tommy."
He paused and looked over his shoulder. Wilbur had called him but seemed to be struggling for words.
Would he open up?
Could they finally discuss what happened?
Tommy's hopes began to lift, as he thought of once again being closer to his older sibling.

However Wilbur just half smiled, almost in pity.
"Nevermind. Let's hope tonight will change the SMP for the better."
Tommy sensed a deeper meaning. But considering their latest conversation he decided to leave it.

He would soon regret it.

Hi everyone.
In this chapter it speaks of Technoblade's death which is canon to this story as well. Please I do not wish to make his death light hearted. I honestly cried for hours after I heard and watched the video. He was such an amazing man who was fun and defiant and such a comforter for so many people including me.

I miss him terribly. I honestly thought he was getting better. I hope that now he is in peace with no pain. Anyway I just wanted to say that in no way am I trying to make light of it.
I'll see you all...in the next book. Phoenix out.