Will's Death.

Above is a song to listen to while reading this. Also, the head canon is above. Please forgive my horrible writing skills :'). I think Nico is OOC (out of character) in the beginning, but I tried. There's a bit of solangelo at the beginning. : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico thrased and screamed in his sleep. He dreamed of Tartarus, a horrid, wretched place. Empousai screeched at him as he ran at top speed. The creatures were unbelievably fast and they clawed at Nico's hair. Tears were racing down his face as the monsters yanked him by his hair. 

They grabbed him and pulled him back, getting a yelp out of Nico. They ripped out a handful of his hair and clawed his chest. Nico pulled away and unsheathed his sword, but he was too slow. Another empousa swiped at his legs, knocking him over. It stuck it's knee out, causing Nico's head to smack into it. Sticky blood ran down his neck. 

Will's anxiety wouldn't let him sleep, so he strolled around the cabins at three in the morning. He typically woke up at this hour, so he sipped a cup of coffee. How he got coffee, no one knew. He was dressed for the day in his typical khaki shorts, a camp half-blood shirt, flip-flops and green flannel. His eyes drooped as he walked past cabin thirteen. A scream came from the Hades cabin. He stopped dead in his tracks.

He ran to the door and knocked. "Neeks, are you okay?" He waited for his boyfriend to answer. "Nico? Nico, I'm coming in," Will pushed the door open. His boyfriend was crying and thrashing in his sleep. 

He closed the door and rushed over to him. He cradled him in his arms and started rubbing circles on his back. (Warning:cringe. I have no idea how to write nightmare scenes.) "Shh, it's okay," Will soothed, "just focus on my voice. It's just a nightmare, you're with me, it's alright." Will cradled Nico in the crook of his neck. He started playing with the young demigod's hair, since he knew it calmed him. "I'm right here. Don't listen to the nightmares." 

He continued rolling around and crying. Will gently pushed him back, then placed his forehead onto his. "Nico, it's okay. It's just a nightmare," he kissed his forehead. Nico gasped and jerked forward, knocking Will's nose on the top of his head. "Gah!" he touched his nose, checking for blood. There wasn't any. "Will? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" Will cut him off with a short peck on the lips. "Are you okay?" the blonde asked gently. 

"Will, I don't- I was back in that place" he gulped. "Tartarus." The word burned like fire in his throat. Will intertwined his fingers with his boyfriend's. "It's okay. You're not there anymore." Nico starting choking up again. He started crying and leaned onto Will. His arms wrapped around Will as he sobbed. After a few minutes, Nico pulled away. "I'm sorry to throw this all on you. You don't deserve-" "Nico," Will said firmly. "Don't ever, ever apologize to me for crying. Or having nightmares."

 Will stroked his hair. "Thank you." Nico mumbled. "Of course." Nico hugged him again. "It's around three a.m.," Will informed him. "Do you want to tell me about it?" "No." He answered quietly. "Do you want me to stay with you?" Will asked. "Please," he laid down. He patted next him, gesturing for the son of Apollo to lay next to him. 

Will kicked off his flip-flops (because who sleeps with shoes on?) and laid next to him. Nico turned to face Will. He pushed a tuft of blonde hair out of Will's face.

 "Good night, Will." 

"Good night, Neeks."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

<> (:<Time for the angst >:) <>

Cyclopes attacked the demigods. (The seven +solangelo) They were all having a simple picnic and were enjoying themselves when a group of Cyclopes appeared. Percy and Annabeth were fighting a Cyclopes, Piper and Jason, and Frank and Hazel. Will wanted to help Nico, but he was a healer. There wasn't much he could do other than wait, so he stood on the sideline. 

"Nico, on your left!" Will called. Nico darted away just in time. The fight went on like that for a while with Will calling things out and Nico fighting. 

Piper tripped and her leg was crushed by the cyclops she was fighting. She cried out in pain and Will rushed over. The cyclops picked up Piper's sword even though it was tiny compared to it and jabbed in Will's direction. The sword stabbed Will. It went straight through his chest. A bit was poking out of his back for a second.

 "HEY!" Jason bellowed. "OVER HERE!" The cyclops pulled the sword out of Will and fixed it's attention on Jason. 

Will crumpled to the ground. 

"WILL!" Piper cried. 

Nico slashed at the cyclops, finishing it off. He turned at the sound of his boyfriend's name. His eyes widened as he watched him get stabbed. Nico ran over faster than he's ever run before. "W-will?" He quivered anxiously. He dropped to his knees. "Will, here just tell me what to do and I'll-" "Nico," he croaked out. "Yes? Yes? What do I do?" Tears raced down his cheeks. "You can't. There's nothing you can do." 

"There's got to be something I can do!" Nico grabbed Will's first aid kit. Nico felt Will's lifeline slowly slip away. Blood poured out of his shirt. Nico desperately removed Will's jacket and shirt. He opened the kit and poured alcohol onto the shirt. He rubbed the wound, trying to clean it as he cried. "Nico, please," Will whispered. "No, no, no! You're not leaving." Nico insisted. He grabbed bandage out of the kit and fumbled with it. "Come on, tesoro," he tried to wrap the bandage around Will, but failed. Will placed his hands on top of Nico's.

Nico knew Will was dying. He did something unexpected. He started singing. (If you haven't already, start the song.) "You are my sunshine," Nico cradled Will's head in his lap. Will was breathing heavily. Blood oozed from his stomach. They both knew he wasn't going to survive. "My only sunshine," he continued singing. Tears streamed down his face. The light in Will's eyes was fading. "You make me happy when skies are grey," Nico's voice was barely audible. He continued to sing until Will's final breath. 

"Please don't take... my sunshine... away," he whispered.

He gently closed Will's eyes and wept over his body, not caring about anything else in the world, for his sunshine had been taken away.