The Lion Boy Part 4

Luke POV (A Month After the Canyon)

I looked around the Alamo. My eyes focused on two little kids, all by themselves. As I watched I overheard their conversation,

"I'm telling you Annabeth, somethings not right here, we should find Dynatos and Axi and leave." This was coming from a little boy, maybe eight, who had tousled black hair, a slightly feline posture, and sparkling sea green eyes. The other kid answered him. She had long blonde hair tied back in a rough ponytail, stormy gray eyes, tan skin like the boy, looked about the same age, and the same slightly feline posture, although it wasn't as pronounced. 

"Percy. I like it here. We are staying for at least a week." So Percy and Annabeth it was. They both had large backpacks on, and looked well fed. I nudged Thalia and pointed them out to her. 

"Listen to their conversation Thalia. I think they might be monsters." They carried on,

"Annabeth, we're in a huge city. Not like the canyon. Somebody could get hurt." She glared at him and he glared back. As we watched, Percy slowly turned around to face us, and narrowed his eyes. Thalias hand went to her bracelet and shield, Aegis. He noticed and so did Annabeth.

"Annabeth, I don't like the way they're looking at us." He muttered, so low, I'm sure I only caught it because of my enhanced godly-ish hearing. 

"Don't you pull another Carlsbad on me mister." The girl said. His glare remained the same, but there was a new slightly irritated layer to it now,

"That was different. I really really didn't like the way that scumbag was looking at you. Besides, Dynatos and Axi said I was right, and they can read minds." Hearing this I racked my brain for information on any gods or monsters that went by those names. I came up empty handed. 

"Yes but did you really need to pull down the place." This time he broke the glare and threw his hands up facing Annabeth,

"I was underground which was admittedly a bad idea with uncle and all, but I couldn't help it! He made me mad." Annabeth rolled her eyes. My hand went to my pocket, where I kept the dagger Hal had given me. Thalias hand went to her pack, where her spear was kept in a smaller form. The kids apparently thought that was too much and took off running. We ran after them, and I saw Annabeth pull a hammer out of her back pocket, and Percy pulling a pen out. Strange. Percy whispered something to Annabeth. 

"If we have to fight we are not taking down another tourist attraction. Besides theres a riverwalk. This way Seaweed Brain." They ran faster, Percy shouting,

"It was one time!" They kept running. We got down to the riverwalk hot on their trail. They were gone. 

"What the heck?" Thalia shouted looking around. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw two ninja kids jumping from roof top to roof top. I turned to my partner in crime,

"Got enough juice to make a little storm?" I asked her. She nodded, smirking. She raised her hand and I knew what was coming. Strangely enough so did the kids, because Annabeth shouted something, Percy nodded, grabbed her hand, and jumped into the river, just as lightning hit the roof. He slammed into the river with the girl, and started running on it. Thalia was just getting started, she was about to call more lightning, as we raced along the sidewalk, when the famed Dynatos and Axi showed up. 

Two humongous lions. No mortals seemed to notice, I figured they thought they were stray cats or something. They charged us. The kids stopped running, and turned around. Percy looked worried for the lions. Thalia did her thing. Lightning came down from the clouds, heading straight for the white lion. Percy's eyes blazed and the water in the river literally surged up and caught the lightning, trapping it inside the water. He turned to us, as did Annabeth. Annabeth gripped her hammer, and Percy uncapped his pen.