Chapter 5

Hey guys! So I'm going to start the chapters out for now on at the beginning of the chapter because I just feel like it might be easier. I actually don't have much to say about this chapter, except that it is the turning point for Elsa. And also that being mean or not, this was actually fun to write :) Also, please leave some comments >> they would be greatly appreciated! Even the mean ones, but make sure that they're appropriate ;) Also rate this story and tell your friends about "The Story of Jelsa"! Also, updates may be a little slower to come out just because I have another story up that I'm working on. Go check out "Hidden Magic" by me (NewTrainer)! Love you all :)

Chapter 5 »»

~ Jack's POV ~
Today is the dance day. A very emotional day for me, because I didn't get to Elsa in time. Although, I did find somebody. Somebody different. Her name is Natalie, shes in my French class, and she has the sweetest personality. I would actually date her if I wasn't in love with Elsa.

***

4 hours until the dance! I've been texting Natalie all day, and I can't help but feel like tonight something big is going to happen. I mean yes, they are choosing a phoney queen and king, but who cares, seriously. Actually, Natalie was pretty excited. Well I know one thing, Reed is going to be chosen for king.

~ Elsa's POV ~
Tonight's the dance! I'm about to go to shopping with Lyla, a popular girl I met at lunch that one day.

"Hey! So where do you want to go first?" Lyla asked as I got into the car. "Uh, Abercrombie and Fitch?" I said. Thats my favorite store. "Whew, that place is expensive. How much do you have?" She asked me. "Well, my, uh, 'parents' went a litte over the top. But $200." I said. Then her mouth fell open. "Are you kidding me? I got $100." She said. "We should probably get going. I don't want to be late to the dance." I said, laughing.

"What kind of dress are you looking for?" Lyla asked. "Anything that catches my eye." I said.

We went to a bunch of different stores in the mall, until we realized that we still haven't gone to Forever 21. We ran into the store, and immediately I saw it. The perfect, red dress, with little bows on the top and a tightened peice of fabric in the middle. I'll just wear my black heels with it.

15 minutes until the dance...

Me and Lyla get in the car to carpool to the dance. She's going with Tyler, a basketball player.

"Wow," Reed says as I walk down the hallway. My face a turns red. "I bet my face matches my dress," I say nervously. "Its okay, you look gorgeous either way." He says. "Come on, Elsa! Lets go dance. This night isn't going to last forever," He says, making me laugh. "Okay, okay," I say, and then we went out and danced like we've never danced before.

~ Jack's POV ~
I walk into the dance, hand in hand with Natalie. She was wearing a purple gown with a golden belt. It looked gorgeous on her.

I walk into the dance room, hoping to see Elsa. I was going to be nice and say hi, no matter how bad she hurt me, we're still best friends. Hopefully.

"So, Natalie? Where are you from?" I asked, trying to break the silence. "Chicago," she said. "Ah. Thats a nice place." I said. I've actually never been there, I was just trying to keep a conversation going, but that obviously wasn't working. "You?" She asked. "Oh, I'm from Pennsylvania. I'm sorta into the cold." I said. I hadn't told anybody yet that I have cold/ice powers, just that I enjoyed the cold alot more than heat. "Yeah, I've always been more of a sun person... Wow. Living here must kind of suck then, huh?" She asked, and I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I didn't hate it here, I just didn't enjoy it as much as Pennsylvania. "Nah, its cool here. I just prefer Pennsylvania over this, but this isn't bad. I'd probably come here if I got sick of Pennsylvania." I said, although I knew that I would never get sick of it there. Then the conversation went on for probably another 30 minutes, until we both decided that it was okay if we went and talked with a few other friends. She went over to her friends, and I went to go find Elsa. I really wanted to talk to her, it felt like it had been a lifetime sense the last time I did. I looked around and finally found her talking to a popular girl, Emily, and decided that I was going to talk to them even if I embarrassed the crap out of her.

"Hey guys," I said, walking up to them. "Hey Jack! Where's your date?" Elsa asked, obviously making fun of me because she thought I didn't have one. "Oh, Natalie? She's talking to a few of her other friends." I said, trying to show her that she wasn't the only person I had. "Oh. Well. That's cool." She said, almost a little upset. "Hey Jack, can I talk to you in, uh, private, for a minute?" Reed said as he walked up to me and tapped my shoulder. "Hmm?" I hummed, raising an eyebrow at him. "Private talk. Please." He said, his face starting to grow with anger. "Okay, I'm coming," I said.

"I know what you're doing, Frost." Reed said. "What am I doing?" I asked, aggravated with the stupid little smirk on his face. I wanted to slap him straight across the face so hard it isn't even funny. "Don't play stupid! I'm not going to tolerate this. You're jealous because you're never going to actually have a decent girlfriend. I don't blame you, if I was you I would just... Well, die." He said. I'm pretty sure my face got so much paler then it already was, because he actually had the nerve to say that straight to my face. "You know, I would punch you so hard right now that you would bleed. But then I would look like the one who started all of this, and that's the last thing I want to happen." I said, then I turned away, and started to walk away. But then he grabbed my shoulder and twisted me around hard, making me fall to the floor but luckily I held back a yelp of pain. Then he picked me up by my shirt and threw me across the hallway, probably breaking something in my body. "Re-Reed, look we c-can work this o-out," I said, lying on the floor in pain. I was hoping that Elsa would come out and see how big of a jerk he was being, but what are the odds of that? Just as I started thinking about Elsa, and how much I wish I could hold her right now, Reed kicks me in the face and I fell completely on the ground. "Reed, p-please." I said, hoping that he would stop, even though I knew that he wouldn't. Then he kneeled down on the ground and grabbed my neck as hard as he possibly could, cutting off all sources of oxygen for me. "Rrrreed" I somehow managed to get out. "I don't care if we used to be 'friends', I don't care about your jealousy, and most of all, I DON'T care about you. So go to hell, you little bitch!" He screamed, then started choking me more. I heard a faint, "JACK, NO!" Then everything went black and I fell onto the floor.