• university •

Maybe it was because of the lack of normal human contact in his childhood years, but Todoroki found it difficult to put his emotions into words.

Which is exactly why he covered up his scar with makeup and always wore a hood to university every day.

It had been like this ever since middle school. 

He was abused at home by Enji and bullied because of his unusual looks in middle school. Luckily though, Fuyumi was kind enough to teach him some basic skin cover-ups, and while she suggested dying his hair, he was strangely against that idea.

Maybe because it was too much of a pain to maintain dyed hair, or maybe he thought of his two-toned hair as a strong reason to keep on hating Endeavor, he decided to hide them by wearing a hood, a cap, or, like on most days, a wig.

He knew grown-ass people probably wouldn't bully him for his hair like how a bunch of immature children did, (they had better things to do than that), but the very thought of having to deal with people he knows, with his natural hair out on display seemed to make him so anxious.

His thoughts were usually straight and to the point, but when it came to simple matters as such, they spiralled on and on.

Just like how he was right now, in bed, overthinking all this, instead of getting his act together and heading to uni.

He sighed, tying his hair back into a ponytail (he reminded himself to cut it later), and slapping on a headband and his black hoodie, he was all set.

He lugged around his bag, having to go through the painful ordeal he called college life. Most days, he didn't really mind studying, it was comforting, in a sense, it gave him a break from his thoughts, but these days, he couldn't concentrate at all, and it was because of that boy he met at the library.

It took him only about two days to finally admit that.

Checking the bare essentials he needed to survive uni, or rather, go through his day without any issues, he grabbed his keys, locked his doors, plugged in his earphones, and walked.

*

Izuku Midoriya slumped down on the table, breathing a heavy sigh.

"What happened, nerd? I thought you liked history? Never seen you of all people act so bored in class. You're always going on and on with that shit grin. Act like a regular human and hate studies sometimes, you freak."

"Says the one holding the 2nd rank in class?"

"It's called being naturally talented."

"Well, sorry for not being 'talented' like you, Kacchan." 

The class held back some muffled chatter before the teacher bundled up the papers, did a classic 'thak' against the desk to get them in one neat pile, and finally left class, signifying lunch break.

"..."

"Oi," Kacchan grumbled, shifting in his seat to face Deku.

"What." He exclaimed, staring straight at the blond.

"Spit it out. What's bothering you?"

"Aw, is Kacchan actually worried about me?"

"I will punt you in the face with a wet sock."

"Why do you have a wet sock-?"

"Don't change the topic. Out with it already, I got better shit to do."

Izuku sighed again, "Okay, so there's this kinda pretty guy—"

"Nope."

"What-?"