Chapter eighteen

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 18*

The following day I arrive at work and I go straight to my boss office.he’s sitting around his des.i greet and sit down.
Boss:I guess everything is okay with the wife?
Me:yes,thank you for your advice.
Boss:im glad it helped.i know what you were going through.Dont hurt her again,make her happy and not crying.
Me:you really helped me.
Boss:you know,me and my wife almost divorced.i cheated and even wanted to leave her.we were about to divorce.she didn’t leave.everytime I would hear her praying for me to change.Then I realized my mistakes and asked myself why I married her in the first place.then we decided to mend things and now by god’s grace we are fine.
Me:I hear you
Boss:if you cheat again then I don’t know.
Me:I wouldn’t do that.my bestfriends would kill me,they already attacked me for cheating on her.
Boss:why?
Me:im friends with her 4 brothers.we all met at varsity.
Boss:you are in trouble.
They laughed.
Me:yeah,those men are my brothers,we can do anything for each other but when it comes to their sister they forget everything.she’s their princess.
7 months later.
Everything has been going well.Now we have come back to Joburg because the year is over and we had to come back.Today our families are coming just to welcome us back home.we are having dinner together.my mother couldn’t come,but Nadia is here.this one likes acting old but she’s just 23.we are all gathered around the table having our food when we hear a doorbell.
Me:Nadia go and check who it is.
She went to open and came back with my sisters and Amahle’s mother.i felt my blood boiling.
Me:Khanyi what is she doing here?
Sammy:im here to see my child.
Me:couldn’t you call first?
Ntombi:she doesn’t have to call to see her child.
Tebza:shut up!isnt it that she dumped her to Kelebogile to raise her?whats changed now
Me:please leave.i don’t want t see you here.
Sammy went to take Amahle but she cried not wanting to leave her.
Amahle:mama im scared.
Kele:its fine baby,you can go to her.
Amahle:no.
Sammy:she’s not your baby!Give me my baby or shit will happen here!
Kuhle:heystop shouting here.we can all hear you,
Sammy :I said give me my baby.
I could see my wife getting scared so I stood up and took Amahle cos I could see that afight mmight erupt.
Me:get out oof here and when you want Amahle you will call   and talk like a normal person.
Sammy :you B****!
SHE SAID THAT RUNNING TO HER AND IT WAS ALREADY TOO LATE.SHE HAD ATTACK HER AND MY WIFE WAS LAYING  ON THE FLOOR NOT MOVING.
Tebza:wen aim tired of you and trying too ruin for my brother’s family.today I will deal with you until that demon comes out.
He slapped her and she fell down.i picked my wife running out.Kuhle drove to the hospital while I sat with her at the back.it felt like the drive to the hospital was long because she kept on groaning AND I on the other hand ws scared.i have never been this scared in my entire life.He parked and I opened the door and ran inside with her.nurses came running with a stretcher and they wheeled her to a ward.i wanted to follow them but Kuhle pulled me to him.
Kuhle:man wait here,they will update us.your shirt is full of blood.
Me:if she dies its my fault.what have I done?i cant lose her!
Kuhle:she’ll be fine.what are you going to do about that rachet woman?
Me:I’ll make sure she rots in jail!i don’t ever want her near my child again,she’ll regret what she did.
I stood up and made a call to Tebogo.
Me:call the police or take that satan to the police station.
Tebza:I’ve already taken care of it.
Me:okay thanks man.
I went back as the doctor was coming.
Dr:Kelebogile Mbatha family?
Kuhle:yes.
Dr:okay,we’ve managed to stop the bleeding.she also hit her head hard when she fell.But no
Much damaged done….im sorry but she lost one baby.
Me:what do you mean?
Dr:she was pregnant with twins.The other one didn’t survive,it was too late.
Me:is she alrihght now?
Dr:she will be fine.You can come and see her.
Me:Kuhle please call the family and let them know.
Kuhle:they are on their way.
We went inside her ward and she was lying there crying silently with her hand on her stomach.
Me:sweetheart im sorry….
She didn’t say anything.
Me:please talk to me.
Her:I want my baby…can you bring my baby back?
Me:I know its my fault.im sorry.
Her:why does she hhate me like this?dont I also deserve to be happy?
Me:please stop crying my love.im sorry.
Hher:get out!now!
Me:I cant leave you,im not going anywhere.
Her:get out f here!i don’t want to see you.if you didn’t bring her in our lives my baby would be alive.i wouldn’t be in this hospital.
Me:I know you are angry so I will let this slide.im also hurting here.i lost a child.
Her:why me?
She started crying again.i felt weak when I saw her crying.i left because I couldn’t bear seeing her cry like that.i passed her family on the door and said nothing.why is it that everytime we have an argument she is going to remind me that im the reason Samantha  is in our lives?i know I messed up but she doesn’t have to remind me all the time.i went home and just called my dad.By dad I mean my stepfather. My biological father never raised me.When I was 7 my father left home and my mother raised me,kagiso and Tebogo.Then when I turned 11 they separated with my mother and we moved back to KZN.Tebogo and kagiso were 3 and 5 that time.then when I was 15 mom got married again,to Harry.He is Nadia’s father,originally from Germany but his family is now in the cape. That man raised me and my brothers like we are his own.you wont even kniw that we are not his children.he did a better job than my biological father.Everything I know is because of him.Even mme studying engineering was because of him.he would teach me about his work and I ended up interested in it.i love that man.
Dad:son,whats the matter?why are you calling so late?
Me:dad,verything is a mess.
Dad:whats happening?
Me:Amahle’s mother attacked my wife and she lost our baby.Now she’s blaming me.
Dad:im sos sorry to hear that. Your wife is hurt,its understandable that she would speak like that.So how are you feeling?
Me:dad we were finally going to have our twins that we always wanted and now this happens.
Dad:son,there’s still another child. Love that child and you will have more. Your wife will come around. Just be there for her and show her that you love her. Be her shoulder to cry on. Be her support system.
Me:thanks dad.i knew talking to you would help.
…………
Narrated
The following day.
Mandla had cancelled all his meetings and just went through his paperwork.Even though he was trying to concentrate on his work it was hard.the door of his office opened and in came Siba his pa.He stood up and went to put a file in the drawer.
Sir:I know you said you wont attend meetings today but there’s an ..
Manda:hey!i said cancel all my meetings!
Siba:im sorry..i will do so.
Mandla:no im sorry.this thing with my wife is stressing me.i shouldn’t have spoken to you like that.
Siba:no.i..its fine.im also hurting,she’s my friend.
Mandla:im sorry…
He hugged her.when they were breaking the hug she tried to kiss him.
Mandla:and then?what are you doing?
Siba:im sorry,I shouldn’t have done that.
Mandla:Sibaphiwe I love my wife. I don’t see anyone else but her.i hope this wont happen again.
Siba:it wont.
Mandla:yes it wont.you can start by packing all your things,I will speak to hr to move you to a different office.i cant work with people who cant remain professional. My wife trusts you as her friend and you do this.get out of my office.
He took his car keys and abag he had with him and drove to the hospital.When he got there Kelebogile had just finished showering.
Mandla:sweetheart I brought you clean clothes.
Kele:thanks.i cant wait to get home.
Mandla:im here  to fetch you.
Kele:where’s Amahle?
Mandla:your mom took her.
Kele:im sorry about how I spoke to you yesterday.i was just angry.
Mandla:I understand.Lets hope it wont happen again.
Kele:it wont.where is Samantha ?
Mandla:where lunatics like her belong,jail.she wont bother us anymore.i will make sure she rot there.
Kele:okay.im done we can leave.And im hungry,I don’t like hospital food.
Mandla:is my boy starting to act up now?this is going to be a long six months.
The doctor told them that she is three months.
Kele:I cant believe I am pregnant.After all that time we tried.
Mandla:I told you we will have our own children.
Kele:I love you babe.
Mandla:and I love you more.Lets go.
He took her luggage and they left.whhen they got home Mandla rushed to their room and came back with a cusion.He put it on the couch so that Kelebogile’s back can rest on it.
Kele:why are you so happy?
Mandla:this is my first time going through this.i will get to experience everything that comes with pregnancy.i was not involved with my other kids so with this one im gonna try my best.And im glad that its with you.
Kele:im happy that you are here.i wouldn’t have it the other way.
Mandla:what do you feel like eating?
Kele:surprise me.

…………..