Chapter Thirteen

"We have downloaded the entirety of the memory cache and applied recognition software. The attached highlights include:

1. Proof of Dusk trying to blackmail you;

2. Photographs and messages of a very personal nature exchanged with someone who we have determined is a married American senator;

3. Messages with and records of payments to a woman in Chicago regarding a child, age six months;

4. More compromising photographs taken with flight attendants who are employees of his private airline;

5. Even more compromising photographs with assorted women in Las Vegas;

6. Messages and photographs of a suggestive nature exchanged with a married actress in Los Angeles.

7. There are even more dramatic photographs that I have attached but would rather not summarize.

You may want to lead with the photographs alluded to in (7). They are attached in this order only so that you can mentally prepare yourself before viewing them. Far more beyond the above list is uploaded onto the shared drive but these will likely have the most effect.

Go get this bastard! Fighting!"

Ji-pyeong blinked rapidly as he absorbed this stunning summary from Seo Dal-mi. Then the corners of his mouth curled up into a smile. Ji-pyeong had taught Dal-mi the intricacies of strategy. Now she was analyzing his foe's misdeeds and ranking them in order of leverage.

Well done, Samsan Tech.

It was exactly what he needed. His finger rapidly swiped across the screen as Ji-pyeong breathlessly took in the graphic evidence of Erskin Dusk's rampant lechery. But when he arrived at the final set of photographs, Ji-pyeong's hand flew to his mouth as a gasp escaped from his lips.

Wow. I wish that I could unsee that.

Ji-pyeong shook his head slowly in disbelief.

"And I thought that I messed up."

"Pardon?"

Yoon Seon-hak looked over her glasses at him. Ji-pyeong met her gaze and then cocked his head as the wheels began turning in his head.

"Erskin Dusk has been married for a while, right?"

She thought for a moment.

"Yes, to a pop star or something like that? I believe that they just had a child because I remember reading that he tried to name her after a star designation or something like that? I don't know, whatever it was it made me feel dumber just for having read about it."

"That's just..."

Ji-pyeong's fingers fanned into the air as he considered the ramifications of all that lay within his palm for a famous man married to a famous woman with the resources to make him pay.

"Perfect."

Ji-pyeong chuckled and then slid his phone into his pocket. He could not wait to push Erskin Dusk off the cliff of his own hubris.

"President Yoon, I think that perhaps I should meet with Dusk alone."

Yoon Seon-hak set down the statement that she was reviewing and leaned her chin onto her hand.

"Oh?"

Ji-pyeong nodded solemnly.

"First of all this is my mess. I can deal with his unpleasantness and meet you at the press conference. Second of all, I need to communicate some ... insurance that I have obtained to make sure that he does not use those photographs against Attorney Kim or me. I'd like for you to be able to maintain plausible deniability."