Ch.2 (2022)

"Uh mommy?" Aulani comes from her room into the living room where I was sitting.

" Yes baby?"

"Um, what time is daddy coming to get me and um- Ace?" She asks me, rocking back and forth while looking at the ground and toying at the hem of her navy blue Tommy Hilfiger dress. I'm trying to get her to make eye contact when she's speaking, but my baby real finicky so she always messing with some on her body. 

"Lani, what did we talk about? Chin up mamas, you gone run into something."

"Oh, sorry mommy!" Quickly she perks up just as I asked her.

" But I don't know love, I'll call him and ask right now okay?" I say pulling my phone from under my butt where I was sitting on the couch. Scrolling through my recent calls I click on his name "Dumbass" and facetime him.

"Wassup ma? FOUL! That boa cheatin' like a muh'fucka man I tell you."

"Dre?" His ass over there playing that damn game that the kids got him for father's day, which is exactly why I didn't wanna get it for him.

Every Friday all the kids leave to go to their other family's house. Alaia goes with her daddy's parents and Dre comes to get Aulani and Ace, then everyone returns back to mommy's headquarters on Sunday to repeat the same cycle the next week.

"Yeah Yah what's good ma?" He asks me only half paying attention to our conversation.

" Can you please pause that fucking game!? I'm trying to talk to you and you are not paying attention to shit I'm saying bro. This is exactly why I ain't wanna get you the stupid game." I tell him irritated.

"I got money on the line right now so no I cannot. And I am paying attention, you literally ain't saying shit though ma- THREE POINTER!" "Typical hood nigga, can't ever play a harmless game without gambling.

"Dre, your kids are sitting over here waiting on you! That's what I want dude! Like you're about to piss me off, you're acting like I don't call you everyday at three-forty five and tell you to come get your kids at four." I roll my eyes popping off at the mouth, something he hates that I do.

"What is you doing allat extra shit for man? Calm that shit down before I piece you up, I ain't gone tell you about that attitude again." He swear he my nigga like boy.

" You are not my nigga, watch how you speak to me... Just hurry up, my son is tired and if he falls asleep, I'm not waking him up."

"Aye shawty you betta watch how you speaking to my brudda, before I deal withcu." A boy said who I'm guessing is Trae, Tae and Dre's oldest brother.

"Trae, ain't nobody scared of you boy! Tell your brother to hurry up and come get your niece and nephew, he acting brand new and shit."

"Nah I'm fuckin' witchu Yah Yah, we got three minutes left then he'll be on the way." He tells me laughing.

"You say that every time but okay." With that I hang up, because now I'm about to have to deal with a cranky three year old who hasn't had a nap. Any boy mom knows baby boy's not having a nap is way worse than baby girl's not having a nap.

Thirty minutes later, the front door is being unlocked and opened and guess who comes waltzing his happy ass in my living room like shit was peachy keen. Yep, they ugly ass daddy. I told y'all, he can never be on time! This man is gone be late to his own damn funeral.

"You might as well put my key on the counter and turn the fuck around and go back home because Ace is sleep and I'm not waking him up." I was not playing. When Ace either doesn't have a nap, or is woken from his nap you be ready to give him away. He gets so angry when he's sleepy, just like his momma.

"This is definitely my key and it's cool I'll go grab him." He tells me walking towards his room.

I jump up instantly because no the hell he is not. Then he gone be yelling at him when he don't calm down and he gone try to pop him then imma have to pop his ass.

"Um no the fuck you aren't. I told you to hurry up because he was sleepy and you thought playing your game was more important than coming to get your kids. So you can come get them tomorrow but now you are taking away time my kids are supposed to be spending with they ugly ass daddy." And he know I don't play about neither of my kids.

"Endiyah, ain't nobody worried or scared of you. Now move so I can get my son, his food gone get cold and imma be pissed cause he not gone want it." He tells me trying to walk around me.

"De'Andre, I'm not playing with you dude! Leave my baby alone. You can come get him tomorrow, you can take Aulani today though that's what you can do."

This man completely disregards what I said, picks me up over his shoulder, throws me on the couch and runs up to our son's room locking his door behind him. He do too much!

Walking out of the room and downstairs ten minutes later with a half sleep toddler on his hip, he grabs his weekend bag and makes Aulani grab her bag.

"Ight baby mama, tell mama bye y'all." He tries to kiss me, but I mush his head.

"I told you not to wake my son up, now look at him... Stressed. Give mommy a kiss sleepy man."

Exactly how I assumed he was gone react, is exactly how he reacted. He turned his head and started whining.

"Aye man, cut allat whining shit out and give mommy a kiss." Dre scolds him.

"Don't yell at him! I told you to leave him alone because he was gone act up but you never wanna listen to the one who has them the majority of the week. You have them for three days out of the week and swear you're daddy of the year."

"Endiyah, that mouth of yours ma... Imma buss you innit, watch how you speaking ta dada. And I am daddy of the year, fuck you talm 'bout." He looks me in my eyes, licking his thick juicy lips.

"You not my daddy stink I can speak to you how I want." I tell him batting my fresh volume lash set up at him. I'm short so I unfortunately have to look up at this nigga and he gets a kick out of the shit.

"This video on my phone from last week says otherwise." I knew his ugly ass was recording! See ladies, this is why if you gone keep fucking your baby daddy even after yall break up, make sure his phone is off and in your possession otherwise they gone record. Niggas love to record themselves fucking.

"SEE! This is exactly why it ain't happening again! You always ruining your chances doing some fuck shit."

"Girl I'm coming over tonight as soon as Kay Kay gets off of work. I done already payed her to keep an eye on them while they sleep." Kay Kay is his brother Trae's oldest daughter. She just turned 16 and let me tell you honey, Ace loves him some Keasia chile. Lani loves her because they be doing Tik Toks and she always doing Lani hair.

"Boy! You are not paying Kay Kay to watch them while they sleep so you can sneak and geek over here!"

"Why I ain't? They gone be sleep and I ain't even gone be gone that long. I just need to rock you like a baby, put yo lil ass out, and I'll be back home before they even notice I was gone." He laughs.

"No you not dude! Now gone, before their food gets cold, remember?"

"Shit you right, Lani give mommy a kiss and make sure you got everything mama." Dre instructs our timid daughter.

"I have everything daddy, bye mommy! I love you!" She hugs me and gives me a kiss.

"Bye baby, I love you more... Be good for daddy okay?"

"Okay mommy, I will!"

"Bye fat man, I luh you tinka." I kiss my baby boy, only this time he doesn't turn away and he actually leans into my embrace.

"Ight Fats, I'll text you." He hasn't called me that in forever, EW!

"Ew don't call me that!" I burst out laughing.

"I'll call you whatever I wanna call you... Bye dude, come lock this door."

And like that, I'm an empty nest for three days. Now I have to find something to do, until Dre comes by later...