13 || THE CURSE

CARRY ON
"Come on, Max!"

"HELLO?" RILEY YELLED out into the distance which was just darkness. The boy could barely see anything but could hear thundering from above.

"Hello?" Riley yelled once again, now slowly making his way into the darkness. The thunder above boomed and showed no sign of stopping.

Suddenly, the boy stopped walking. His surroundings now getting clear. He was in a cemetery. It looked exactly like the cemetery where Rory was even buried at, but it was so much darker and haunting.

He slowly moved forwards, not sure what to do. He didn't know how he got there. The last thing the boy remembered was being in his room.

The sound of fast footsteps was heard making him snap out of his short trance. "Hello?" Riley asked, much more quietly this time.

The footprints got louder and louder, Riley slowly moving back in fear the closer they got.

The Blood boy heard the footsteps practically in front of him, making him twist his body and run. His running didn't last long, as a body collided with his, making him fall to the ground.

"Get the fuck off me!" Riley yelled, throwing whatever it was off of him in fear and going to attack it. "Riley?" It was a voice. A very familiar voice.

"Riley, it's me!" The voice now yelled, Riley stopping his hand which was about to grab whatever it was.

Riley's mouth opened in shock as he realised it was his friend. Max. Riley moved back and let out a deep sigh. "Oh my fucking god Max."

"What are you doing here?" Riley asked the girl who stared at him in disbelief. "What am I doing here? What are you doing here?"

"I'll be completely honest, I don't know." The boy sighed, now standing up and helping the Mayfield girl up.

"You're not supposed to be here." Max told the boy who was breathing heavily. The boy was going to respond but stopped when redness appeared beside them.

The two turned their heads to look at the bright redness which began taking over the cemetery. Both Riley and Max looked at each other before slowly turning to it once again.

With a deep inhale, the duo made their way into the redness. Riley looked around the place, creeped out.

A few steps later, the duo looked down at their feet at the sound of a squelch being heard. Looking down, they saw that mud had covered their shoes.

"These are my favourite pair of shoes." Riley muttered with a groan. "Riley?" Max's shaky voice asked, making the boy's head snap up.

"Yeah?" He questioned. The boy didn't need a response, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

Their surroundings had completely changed, there were no more gravestones or trees. But instead vine towers, and in the distance stood what looked like a building.

"Holy fuck." Riley mumbled in disbelief. The duo didn't look at each other before walking towards everything they probably shouldn't.

The thunder still boomed heavily above, but the two had finally made it to what looked like a building in the distance but close up, it looked like a torn-down house.

A clock chimed from above, making Riley look up and see an old grandfather clock floating above. Next to the clock, a door was also floating in the air. It had stained glass on it and in Riley's opinion, it actually looked quite nice.