21 - I'm Gonna Love You

"Is everyone ready?" Jay asked as he looked for everyone. "Let's wait for Dae Jung and his girlfriend to arrive. We decided we're only taking my car and his and we'll park them at the airport."

"I'm going with Areum," Sunghoon said and his fiancée laughed.

"Of course, darling." Areum smiled as she linked her arm with his. "What about Soo Yun?"

"She's going-"

"Soo Yun is going with me," Jake said as he stood next to her. "Is that fine with you?"

"Of course." She nodded, smiling. And Sunghoon just raised an eyebrow at them. 

Jay's eyes were them as they smiled sweetly at each other, making his heart break. Soo Yun was the happiest with Jake.

"Is that the Dae Jung guy and his girlfriend?" Heeseung frowned, putting a hand to block the sunlight as he looked at the car coming their way. But when he got a better look at the couple, his heart sank to the ground.

"Yup. That's his car." Jay said as he waved at them, but everyone was having mixed feelings. They were surprised, mad, and even scared.

Soo Yun's eyes widened as she looked back at Jake who looked away, refusing to look at the couple who got out of the car.

"Hello." Dae Jung bowed politely at everyone as they hesitantly did the same, but when his gaze landed on Jake, he froze. "Oh-"

Yu Nabi's eyes widened at the sight of her ex-boyfriend. She just stared at him as he avoided looking at her. He had promised to never let himself look at her again.

"Why is there tension in the air...?" Jay asked, clueless about the whole thing. 

"I don't think we can go like this," Sunghoon said while glaring at Nabi who just cared about fixing her hair and rolling her eyes.

"Why? What's wrong?" Jay rested his hands on his hips as he stared at his friends.

"Jake-"

"I'm going." Jake turned to Sunghoon before he looked back at Soo Yun. "I promised her that I'll go."

Dae Jung and Nabi just looked at him, possibly ashamed of themselves. "Is everything okay?" Jay asked, frowning.

"Yes." Jake nodded before he grabbed Soo Yun's hand. "However, Soo Yun and I are taking my car. We'll meet you later."

With that, the two of them just walked away, hand in hand as everyone's eyes were on them. Then Heeseung glared at Nabi for the last time before he got inside Jay's car, refusing to go with the witch and her boyfriend.

After Jake started driving his car, the two of them fell into a - quite uncomfortable - silence. Soo Yun looked down at her fidgeting fingers before she took a deep breath. "Are you okay?" She muttered.

"I think so?" Jake sighed as he focused on the road. "But seeing the two of them was unexpected. I was quite shocked."

"No, are you okay-"

"I know what you mean, Soo Yun. I am okay." His hand rested on hers, stopping her from fidgeting with her fingers more. "I knew I was okay the moment butterflies reminded me of you and your flowers and not her."

Soo Yun stared at him as he smiled softly and she just gave him a little smile. She just hoped the trip would be fun and not heartbreaking. Not like in the movies.

"I love you, Jake." She muttered and Jake just froze, his hand intertwining with hers. "Whatever is happening between us now, I like it. It feels silly and fragile and good."

Jake couldn't say I love you back, he just kissed the back of her hand and smiled at her, feeling as grateful and happy as ever. Soo Yun indeed was the light in his life. And she just wanted to make him the happiest he's ever been.

"I can't believe we're going to Jeju." Soo Yun said in excitement after they checked up at the airport, waiting to go on the plane. Everyone was there; Sunghoon with his fiancée, Soo Yun and Jake, Yu Nabi and Dae Jung, and lastly, Heeseung and Jay who almost looked like lovers too.

And sometime later, everyone was seated inside the plane as they waited for it to take off. "Aren't you excited?" Soo Yun asked Jake as she looked out of the window.

"I am." He laughed and ruffled her hair, and Yu Nabi just stared at the two. Jake had never been that happy with her, and she missed the way he ruffled her hair out of nowhere. Dae Jung had never done that.

"I almost forgot," she muttered as she turned to him. "Do you remember the guy who asked for a fuck you bouquet?"

"Did he come to your shop again?" Jake was too invested in the story.

"The day before yesterday, he walked in the shop but this time he was a little sad. And then he asked for an unfuck you bouquet. And what did I do? I snorted with laughter on his face." She laughed. "Whoever is getting the flowers, I hope they forgive him. Although he seemed a little angry the first time he barged inside the place, I can tell his intentions are pure. He seems like a good guy."

"I'm glad your customers are entertaining you." Jake smiled.

"Yeah, especially after my coworker stopped coming to work." Fake-rolling her eyes, she laughed. "But I love my job so much."

"It's such a lovely job to have." He said as she rested her head on his shoulder. 

"Absolutely. I'm surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants, I make people happy or soothe their sadness, and I share their joys, celebrations, and sorrows. I laugh with my customers and cry with them too. It is a lovely job."

"You're a good person, Soo Yun. You're like... a yellow person."

"What does that mean?" She turned to him, curious.

"Well, a yellow person could be a close friend, someone who has bright eyes, a cheerful grin, a warm heart... a person who makes life worth living, who makes you feel the joy and love that you never thought you deserved... someone who means the world to you."

Soo Yun just smiled, resting her head on his shoulder as she closed her eyes. And before they knew it, they arrived at Jeju Island. The fresh air danced through her hair as she stepped out, hands open wide as she just ran, the cold air hitting her face making her feel alive.

"She's crazy." Jake muttered, eyes sparkling as he stared at her. Then she stopped running, looked back at him and called him to run with her. And he just ran to her, making her run and giggle loudly as Sunghoon stared at them and ts-ked.

"I can't believe he's the same guy who said he wouldn't love her. Look at him." He muttered, holding hands with Areum who just smiled.

"Love finds you when you least expect it." Turning to look at Sunghoon, she slightly squeezed his hand. "The best relationships are the ones you never saw coming."

"I'm glad that she's happy. Jake is a good guy, I trust her with him."

Jay was listening to them, his heart sinking to the ground. He knew that Jake and Soo Yun were good together, and because she looked the happiest with him, he decided it wasn't that bad to let her go. After all, he wanted her to be happy.

"Wait for me!" Soo Yun shouted as she ran after Jake. "I've got little legs!"

He just laughed and stopped as he panted. "Come here." 

"You're so fast." She panted, resting her hands on her knees as she took deep breaths. "I love this. I feel like dreaming."

Jake stared at her as they leaned on a stone wall, staring a the blue ocean. The fresh air made him feel alive and the fact that she was happy and smiling warmed his heart.

He wanted to love again, but first, he had have to put to rest the unrest that he felt with the hands he held before. He gave that half-love all his attention for so long, and now his heart needed to take some space to breathe.

New love needs fresh air.

"I..." He started, feeling his heart beat faster. 

"Hm?"

"I'm going to love you, Soo Yun. I'm going to fall for you, so please catch me." He said and before he knew it, Soo Yun planted a kiss on his lips and smiled so warmly at him.

"Always." She muttered.