2 - A Fool For You

"Jake, open the door!" Jungwon called as he knocked on the door but to no avail, Jake wouldn't open his door no matter what. He didn't want to let anyone see how pathetic he was.

"I don't think he will open it," Sunghoon said before he let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "That bit- she's an idiot for fuck's sake. Why would she do that? I know Jake loved her so much."

"He did." Jungwon nodded. "But he loved the wrong person."

"Jake!" Sunghoon knocked harder as he called his friend's name once again. "I'm gonna break this door if you don't op- ah!" 

Jungwon kicked Sunghoon as he glared at him. "Stop it, he must be feeling down. Let's just leave this here."

"We're leaving the food here! Don't starve yourself and eat something!" Sunghoon yelled as he looked at Jake's windows, but it seemed that no one was there. Although they knew very well that he was home.

After leaving the bag of food in front of his door, the two walked out of his garden and went somewhere else. However, just a few minutes later, Jake heard them knocking on his door again. 

He was sleeping in his room - laying on his bed and crying - but the knocking bothered him. Why would they even return? 

He slowly stood up and walked out of his room before he walked down the stairs. Once in front of his door, he sighed heavily before he opened it. But it wasn't Jungwon nor Sunghoon.

"Why are you s-" Jake started but he froze in his place when his gaze landed on the person he wanted to see the least right then. 

Yu Nabi looked him up and down as she raised an eyebrow, clearly taken off guard by Jake's appearance. He looked so vulnerable and weak, pathetic even. And she was the reason behind that.

She was carrying a box and Jake looked away, refusing to spare her a glance. "What are you doing here?" He asked quietly, sending shivers down her spine.

"I found your stuff at my place... and our things." She said and looked at the box before handing it to him. "I can't keep it."

"Then throw it away." He said curtly and was about to close the door when she stopped him.

"I can't-"

"Can you please leave?" He asked, still not looking at her. "Don't let me see you again."

"Jake, I-"

"What do you want from me? I was once a fool for you, but now you disgust me, Nabi. Even your name disgusts me... so leave me alone." He said before he took the bag of food and closed the door in her face.

And she just stood there, taken off guard. But what was she expecting exactly?

Jake was standing inside, against the door. He didn't even realize that he was crying until one tear landed on the floor. 

Why was she still capable of hurting him? Why was he still giving her the right to make him pathetic? He had to move on and shut the door.

Nabi made him feel like he wasn't enough, but he was. Perhaps he was too much, and she preferred less. But Jake deserved more. 

Slowly making his way to his room, he put the bag of food on the table and walked away. However, right then, his stomach growled. He just stood there staring at the bag of food before he pulled a chair and sat down.

Jake wasn't going to starve himself and be weak, he didn't want to. He wanted to be strong enough to fight his feelings and emotions that were eating him inside, slowly. So, he silently ate in that dark room, alone.

He didn't care if he was alone, it was better than people pointing their fingers at him. Jungwon and Sunghoon knew, the rest would probably know before he realizes it. And soon, he'd be labeled as the guy that was dumped by his girlfriend.

Why would this happen to him? He didn't do anything wrong, he just loved her a lot.

Jake was a good person, he treated his employees well and was always humble. He smiled a lot, gave a lot, and helped a lot. Everyone loved him.

He didn't need any revenge. He's no longer hers and that is punishment enough.

Day after day, Jake spent all his time watching TV or laying on his bed and staring at his ceiling. He didn't do anything productive for a long time, and he felt like shit.

"Why am I..." He muttered as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. He looked terrible.

That was the first time Jake cared about himself for a long time. He cringed at the bags under his eyes, at his messy hair and dirty clothes. He gave up on himself, but it was enough crying and blaming himself.

Why did he have to go through this when she was the one at fault? She was probably out there living her life with her new boyfriend, and the thought angered him.

So, the next day, Jake walked out of his house before he got in his car and drove to his workplace. No one questioned his absence as they were told their boss was on a vacation. However, they were so happy to see him again.

He did all his work and attended two meetings, only to get his mind off Yu Nabi. And somehow, he did.

"Yes?" Jake picked up his phone as he looked through his files.

"Oh my, he's really back!" Sunghoon's voice was heard on the other line as Jake slightly chuckled. "Are you working?"

"Yes."

"When will you go back home?" He asked, hoping it was soon.

"In a few minutes. I'm done with today's work." Jake said as he shut off his computer and stood up from his chair. "Why?"

"I need you to do me a favor." 

"I don't think I-" Jake stopped when he remembered that Sunghoon had brought him food when he was feeling down. He always cared about him. "What is it?"

"I need you to go somewhere and get me an order. I'm busy so I can't go, but I'll need it in a while. I'll send you the address, okay? Thank you! Bye!"

"Wait-" And Sunghoon is gone.

Jake sighed as he stared at his phone, waiting for Sunghoon's message. And before he knew it, there it was. 

Petite Fleur. 

Jake read the place's name as he frowned. A flower shop? And why was it so familiar?

Without questioning it further, he grabbed his coat and walked out of his workplace. "Why would he need me to go to a flower shop..." Jake muttered as he started driving, looking at the map to find where this florist is.

And before he knew it, he was parking right in front of it. Getting out of the car, he made his way inside the flower shop.

"Hello." A soft voice and the beautiful scent of flowers welcomed him. He couldn't see the florist, but he could see the flowers as they danced like a rainbow, as if light and music had found a new way to blossom together.

"Hello?" Jake muttered as he looked around the shop, and right then, she appeared. Like a flower he had never seen before, with a beautiful smile and magic in her eyes. 

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked as she picked up some flowers.

"I'm here for an order by the name Park Sunghoon." He said and stared at her as she nodded.

"Ah, please wait for a moment." She said before she rushed to the place in the back and grabbed a bouquet of flowers. "There you go."

Jake stared at her as she handed him the bouquet, and then he took it. "Thank you." He slightly bowed before turning around to leave the shop, but not before stealing a glance at her nametag.

Park Soo Yun.

A name that will change his life.