i can't tell you

Hi! Before you start reading, I highly suggest listening to Already Gone by Sleeping at Last on repeat during this chapter. Also, there will be more mention of sewerslide this chapter and slight mention of self-harm. Ok, that's all I have! Bye!!

I stood there in shock as I felt a tear well in my eye

There are two types of people in this world. The first person gets angry and unleashes it on anything on anyone they can find. The second becomes overwhelmed and unwillingly cries.

I am a mix of them both.

Luciano and I held eye contact for what seemed like hours. I stared into his eyes that I haven't seen in 2 years. The eyes that saved me.

I felt a tear drop start to escape from my eye and roll down my face. I ignored it and turned to Antonio, who was staring at us weirdly.

"Can you give us a minute?" I asked quietly.

Antonio looked between me and Luciano and realization came over his face.

"Is he who you were-" He implored before I interrupted him.

"Yes! That's him. Now, please. Leave us." I snapped.

Antonio looked taken aback but nodded and slowly left the room.

Luciano and I stood in silence for a while.

"How have you been?" He asked me to break the silence.

"Why?" I questioned under my breath.

"Well, 'how have you been' is a common greeting for those who haven't seen each other in two years." He joked.

"And whose fault was that?" I deadpanned, causing him to go silent. "Why did you leave? I didn't even say goodbye. I thought you died. I thought that Sebastián had finally gotten to you. That after all those years of you protecting me from him, he finally stopped you. For good."

"Marls-"

"You don't get to call me that anymore. That name is reserved for close friends. My brothers. Not you. Not anymore." I uttered quietly, but he still heard me.

"Let me explain. Please. I did it for you. I didn't want to go, but I didn't have a choice. "

"You always have a choice. You made a choice in either leaving me or staying. And if what you're saying is right and you had my best interest at heart, then you would have stayed. You left me alone." I exclaimed.

"Sebastián made me leave." Luciano admitted.

"Sebastián has told you to do many other things and you never listened. Why did you listen then? What did he threaten you with? Or-or offer you?" I demanded.

"He told me that he would make your training harder and have you go on more missions. I was tired of you showing up at my door bloody and bruised, so I said yes."