FIVE

HOMECOMING

"Heeeeeeere, wolfy wolfy," Damon sings, clicking his tongue as he walks into Felicity's bedroom

"Heeeeeeere, wolfy wolfy," Damon sings, clicking his tongue as he walks into Felicity's bedroom. Groaning, she picks the first thing she can grab off her nightstand and throws it at Damon, making him yell and dive out of the way. She opens her eyes when she hears a crash and looks to her door to see her pineapple lamp shattered on the ground. She turns to glare at Damon.

"I'm going to bite you."

"I only came over to bring you to my house, I didn't ask to be part of batting practice." He moves to Felicity's closet, moving through her clothes while she rolls her eyes and walks to her bathroom, doing her business. She checks her phone, noticing it's already pretty late in the afternoon. And Rebekah had texted her.

REBEKAH -  You better be coming over to get ready with me tonight or I'm tearing your head off with my teeth.

REBEKAH - Wake up, mutt.   

FELICITY - kinky *winking face* but I'm not into girls, unfortunately.

FELICITY - and apparently, one of your brothers is my mate, so I'm going to have to pass on that.

REBEKAH - My brother can learn to share *winking face*

REBEKAH - You know what I meant, mutt. Get over here within the hour or I'm burning your house down with you in it.

Felicity comes out of her bedroom to see Damon laying on her bed, reading one of her books. She looks down at the foot of the bed to see he left out some jean shorts, a black tank, a black bra, and some white converse. She shrugs slightly, pulling off her pajamas and pulling the clothes on. She doesn't have to look up to confirm that Damon is not looking at her while changing - that just isn't how they were. 

Once she finishes putting her clothes on, he pulls her down the stairs, ignoring her brother and mother to pull her into his car and to the boarding house. Felicity walks in, sniffing the air once and walking up towards the room she scented Rebekah in. She finds the blonde getting ready for the Homecoming Dance in Stefan's room. She sits on the bed, rummaging through the dresses and looking for one she wants to wear. Elena enters.

"Getting a head start, huh?" Elena questions, making Felicity roll her eyes. This motion doesn't go unnoticed by Rebekah, who looks at the tribrid through the mirror. The tribrid doesn't look up, though, still scanning the dresses. 

"Embarrassing truth? This is my first high school dance."

"Ever?" Elena says, shocked. Felicity looks up for a second but lets her head fall back down. 

"I never really had time for high school before. Nik and I were always moving around, running. Anyway- I didn't want to leave anything to chance. Have you heard any more from him?"

"No. But I'm sure that when he does return he'll do it with flair."

"And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?" Felicity looks up, eyes locking with Rebekah's, who shakes her head so slightly, that the human doesn't notice. Felicity nods very slightly and looks back at the dresses. She won't get into this. 

"Yes."

Felicity decides on a dress, pulling her clothes off and stepping into the soft material. She opts to wear her converse to the dance. (see lucyinthesky.com item L57054)

"Don't tell me. I don't want to know, I just- I want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Mikael."

"I know it's really hard. So thank you for helping us get Klaus back into town," Elena starts, walking behind Rebekah. 

"Just be careful. I've been running for a thousand years for a reason. Mikael is not a good person and he definitely can't be trusted. No one in my family can." Rebekah has tears in her eyes as she says this, making Felicity stand up, walking over and rubbing the blonde's shoulder. The blonde looks at her, thanks in her eyes. 

"Are you okay?" Elena asks. 

"I've spent my whole life loving and hating my brother with equal measure. I never thought that I'd be the one to help drive a stake through his heart. No tears- I don't want to ruin my makeup."

Rebekah turns her back to Elena and looks in the mirror again. "How do I look?"

"You look amazing! But you're missing one thing." Elena takes the necklace out of her pocket.

Rebekah gasps. "My mother's necklace."

"You should wear it tonight," Elena says. "May I?"

Rebekah turns and looks in the mirror and nods. Elena puts the necklace around her neck..

"Thank you."

Elena drives the dagger through her back into her heart. "I'm so sorry. I can't leave anything to chance either." 

Felicity starts, eyes flashing as she looks at Elena. "What the fuck, Elena?!" 

"I'm sorry, Felicity." And she blows powder in her 'friends' face, making Felicity's eyes roll back and her body fall to the ground. 

a/n

i wasn't texting in 2012 so idk how accurate this style of texting is to that time

i know i haven't really written anything with felicity using her magic, but that is coming soon, i promise. she never really used it before, as it was hard for her to siphon from herself, and she didn't really like taking from other people/things.

but after chapter nine that will change *evil laughter*

he calls her sweetling and it's the cutest thing in the WORLD

[PUBLISHED JULY 15, 2022 at 0920]

[NOT EDITED]