Chapter 4

"Okay do you're telling me, that you lied to me, got me to leave for a month. And this entire time, you just got saved by some sort of sea mobian?" Rouge said blankly staring at Sonic.

Sonic laughed nervously as he shook his head yes, Rouge stared at Sonic before sighing.

"I can't blame you for lying to me, this whole thing sounds crazy. But just looking at them," Rouge said pointing to Shadow and Knuckles before continuing "Makes me believe you, but don't think you're off the hook just yet alright?" Rouge said glaring at Sonic.

Sonic nodded fastly as he nervously giggled. "Understood mam!"

Rouge sighed before lightly laughing, soon she stopped to look at shadow and knuckles.

Shadow looked around bored, but still siting close to Sonic. Knuckles sat near them also, but staring at Rouge curiously.

Rouge sighed as she lightly smiled before whispering, "of course Sonic got himself in this situation."

Knuckles stared at her confused but slightly intrigued by what she meant, Sonic looked over to Shadow smiling. Shadow once noticing Sonic staring at him also started to smile, then he laid his head on Sonic's lap comfortably.

Sonic laughed at Shadow's behavior, Rouge stared at them confused with a smile on her face. Rouge stared at them softly but slightly confused but soon her smile turned into one of a mischievous smile.

But then her attention was quickly taken by Knuckles, who simply laughed. Rouge stared at him confused, Knuckles smiled before nodding his head twice toward Sonic and shadow, as he made eye contact with Rouge.

Rouge laughed once realizing what knuckles meant. Then it suddenly hit her as she stared at the sky, it was getting late.

"Shoot! Tails and Amy! I completely forgot, oh they must be worried!" Rouge said upset as she quickly sat up and looked to Sonic.

Sonic stared at her in shock, Sonic softly pushed Shadow off his lap as he sat up. Shadow stared at Sonic confused as he lifted his head off of Sonic's lap.

Shadow looked to Knuckles for information, knuckles explained what he heard. Shadow stared confused at Rouge and Sonic, 'who were Tails and Amy?'

Sonic looked to knuckles and Shadow before sighing, "I have to go, I'm sorry."

Knuckles nodded understanding, Shadow looked at him confused before looking back to Sonic.

Sonic sighed but before he could explain, Knuckles started speaking. Once Shadow understood he looked to Sonic sad, but nodded his head in understanding.

Sonic sadly smiled before turning to Rouge, only to find her already running off. Sonic stared shocked before running after her, yelling for her to wait up along the way.

Shadow and knuckles watched as they left, Shadow sighed as he went underwater. Knuckles followed after him, it was silent as they swam together.