chapter 3

As Sonic stared out to the waters, he wondered if was just being clingy. He himself never understood why he kept showing up to the beach, it wasn't like the sea mobian was going to come back.

It had been month's sense the fight between the sea mobian and echinda, during those month's Rouge had finally came back. She was upset and disappointed as she told them that she found nothing. She was sure it wasn't the ancient god Chaos, it must have been the tides or a different god.

And eventually things went somewhat normal, well normal for everyone else. Sonic was used too be royal, and living in the castle. It just felt weird to be doing commoner stuff, and wearing commoner clothes, and not only that his sea friend still hasn't shown back up. It somehow began a habit for Sonic to walk to the beach and wait for the sea mobian. But by the end of the day, the sea mobian never showed up.

For some reason it upset Sonic everytime the sea mobian never showed up. Sonic sighed as he watched the waves hit the land, 'why do I even bother anymore?' Sonic thought to himself as he closed his eyes, enjoying the breeze hitting his quill's.

Then suddenly Sonic heard a splash along with a strange noise, Sonic opened his eye's confused.

Out of everything he imagined, seeing the echinda was the last thing Sonic thought he would see. Sonic stared shocked as the echinda watched him, this time not looking as if it wanted to attack him.

It simply stared at him, looking not amused. Sonic not knowing what to do decided to talk, "hello?"

The echinda simply sighed before speaking, "you know he's not coming back right?" The echinda said in perfect English.

Sonic stared in shock, 'the echinda can speak English?!' Sonic thought, but shortly realized what the echinda ment.

Sonic sat still confused and upset, the echinda was most likely right. Sonic sighed before nodding, the echinda stared at him confused. But shortly sighed soon getting close to him, Sonic panicked as he moved backwards.

The echinda laughed at Sonic's poor attempt at running, but simply sat on the land. Sonic stared at the echinda confused and intrigued as he slowly sat next to them.

It was silence before the echinda spoke again, "so mobian, why do you wait for shadow?"

Sonic stares at the echinda confused before realizing who he was talking about, "wait that's it's name? Shadow?"

The echinda stared at Sonic dumbfounded before busting up with laughter, Sonic stared at the echinda surprised but soon laughing with him.

"You don't know his name? And how long have you been meeting him for?!" The echinda said laughing at him, Sonic laughed before sighing.

"Yeah, if I'm correct I've only met him two times." Sonic said laughing nervously. The echinda stared at Sonic intrigued before speaking once again, "then why do you wait for him?"

Sonic froze as he thought about it, why does he wait for him? He doesn't have any good reason to, so why does he?

The echinda happens to notice Sonic's hesitance, soon sighing realizing the problem.

"I'll go find him." The echinda says suddenly, Sonic stares at him surprised. "Huh? But I thought?" Before Sonic could finish the echinda interrupted him. "Thought I hated him? Not really, but simply my respect is for Maria. And you seem hopeless, and of course you have to have someone else do the work for you."

Sonic glared at the echinda upset, the echinda laughed before speaking. "And I'm curious, I've never knew mobians still remembered the echinda's. So a deal for a deal, I find Shadow and bring him back. And you tell me information about the echinda tribe."