Chapter 100

Primrose's POV
I was taking a nap when, I heard a scream. I got up. I ran around the house.

Who screamed?!

Onyx ran up to me. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Was that you, who screamed?"

"Mhm. Lex is gone. S-someone grabbed her while, she was looking for River. Dakota just called me."

"Did she see it happen?"

"Yes. She said it was her nephew Todd. She also thinks...River's dad has something to do with this."

"Hopefully..they're together..."

"They fuckin better be. I-I'm so scared! I-I..."

He started crying.

"If what Dakota says is true then, maybe he has the both of them."

"She moved into this house so I could protect her...and I fucked that up. I fucked up enrolling her in that bloody school! Now I fucked up protecting her!"

"No no. You didn't fuck anything up. You're doing everything you can."

"Why can't I get this right?!"

"Baby you're getting everything right."

I cupped his face then pressed our foreheads together.

"It's gonna be okay. We'll find her. If they are together, at least we know that, they aren't alone."

"S-she must be so scared!"

"Nyx...if she's with him...I don't think she's scared. Maybe...it's like how I am with you. Maybe...she just feels safe with him. It's possible that...she sees him as her protector. Yeah...I'm pretty sure that's,what's  the deal with those two. I overheard you say that, you're starting to like him. You see a bit of you, in him, don't you?"

"He doesn't have a dad around. When I was his age...I didn't either. I had a jackass in my house. She asked me for recommendation on where to go, on a date."

"Hey, listen to me. If they're together...then this is his chance to show you that....he's a good guy."

"I-if one of them dies...the other might too!"

"Shhh. Baby it's okay. I do not think, that'll happen. Lex is the girl version of you. You said, she told you, she loves him right?"

He nodded.

"Okay. He probably loves her too. They'll protect each other."

"S-she doesn't know how to fight!"

"Baby stop. Maybe River does. If he does then, maybe he'll teach her."

I kissed him.

"It's gonna be okay. They will be found. We've just gotta be patient. This isn't your fault. These things...unfortunately just happen. She could've gotten taken while, she was with you."

I wiped away many tears.

"Go hug our children. Tell them you love them. Hold them tightly. They'll be found. They'll come home soon baby. Have some faith."

He burrowed his face into the crook of my neck. I started scratching his head.

"Shhh. It's okay. I'm right here."

"I-I feel like shit."

"I know baby. I do too. I do too. She's my sister in law now. I failed to protect her too."

He fell to his knees. I sat down on the couch. I held my arms out.

"Come here."

He ran over to the couch. He laid down next to me. He put his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"It's okay."

I looked down at him. He had his hands on my stomach along with his forehead.

Oh god.

Has he ever been like this?

My baby...

This is breaking my heart.

It really is.

I hope they're okay.

I hope every update we get is positive.

Oh Onyx..

I'm sorry, you've been put through this much pain and suffering.

It's not fair to you.

It's really not.

I know, his mental breakdown is gonna go downhill.

He promised me...he'd never cut again.

Why do I feel like, he's going to sadly break it.

I hope he doesn't.

I hope he doesn't.

Onyx please don't break it...

I don't know what...I'll do if you do break it..

"Baby I cannot put into words how much I love you. I really cannot. It's impossible."

He looked up at me.

"Same here." He said as his voice cracked.

"How about we do this. Go get the kids. We'll lay in our bed. We'll just snuggle for a long time. Sound good?"

"Y-yeah. I-I think I need that."

I went to wake up Malakai and Onyx went to wake up Marionette. We brought them in our room. We put them in the middle of us. We all started snuggling. Onyx looked at me. He smiled. I could tell, he was right. He needed time with his family.