Prologue

The Path I Paved

The spice cruiser comes blazing down, flames catching as it increases speed. There is only one living lifeform on board, standing calmly while looking out at the planet below. Naboo, one of the most beautifully appealing places in the galaxy, is displayed like a fine piece of art that Kora Nightstowe examines.

    How the grass grows a vibrant green, and the flowing water rushes with a clear glow. The flowers are spread throughout the landscape, little dots of color that the bounty hunter can see below. Kora could look at this for eternity, however, her time is running out and the chance of death creeps closer.

    So, without wanting to, she turns away from the extravagant plains with a sigh. Now rushing through the hallways with flickering lights, she makes her way around trying to find where the take-off area resides. With a cruiser this size, if she doesn't find it soon, the Boundless Jedi will be no more.

    Kora turns, but is met with a closed doorway. She scoffs to herself as she pulls out her sabers, igniting the blue beams. Puncturing the wall with one lightsaber, she jabs the other to make it parallel. Then, she uses all her might to start maneuvering the sabers around one another, in a circular manner.

Explosions sound throughout the halls, a disturbing echo follows back to Kora. Once the circle was finished, she turned off her sabers and pushed her arm forward. The cutout goes flying through the other side and slams onto the wall.

She slips through the hole with ease, keeping her lightsabers in her hands in case any other doors are closed. The ship starts leaning downwards, causing Kora to begin to fall backwards. Adjusting to the change of angles, the bounty hunter jumps up and clasps a small etching in the wall.

Climbing up the passageway, using all of her muscles she can bear, Kora now formulates a new plan. It may take longer than her previous one, but due to this spontaneous altercation, Kora believes that this is her best bet.

    When she arrives to the back of the ship, she pulls herself up onto another hallway's wall and the bounty hunter cuts another hole in the spacecraft. The cutout goes flying away in the wind, but the ship groans in protest causing Kora to shifted off balance.

    She starts falling down the path she came from, and death whispers in her ear like a welcoming sonnet. It calls to her, ushering the girl to give in to it's temptations. What they do not know is Kora has traveled down that path before; she has left herself vulnerable to it's beckonings, but she will not do that once more.

    Reaching to her belt, she presses the button to release the grappling hook. It springs up and latches onto a divot in the wall. Kora's back almost breaks from how fast she stops, but regains her composure so she can make it out of this ship alive. She presses the button that retracts the string, pulling her back to where she left off.

    She fastens the hook back onto her belt and jumps upwards, using the force to help guide her. As soon as she lands onto the wall, Kora gets ready to jump as far as she can go, with the Force's help of course.

She launches off the floor, using the force to push all of the burning fire aside. With a smooth landing, Kora begins sprinting away from the upcoming explosion. She realizes that the large pile of towering boulders may be her only chance.

The girl leaps over the boulders right when she hears the thundering boom of the cruiser colliding with the ground. Now resting her back onto the boulders, her heavy breaths signify that her adrenaline has ran out.

    Giving herself a moment to get composed and relaxed, Kora reaches into her belt to grab the transmitter. She sends the signal out and her client shows up in holographic form.

"It has been done," the bounty hunter says simply. She stares at the odd-looking creature with a blank stare, waiting for his response.

    "We shall meet on Naboo," Kora continues with finality.

    "Of course, send over the coordinates and your credits will get there in no time," her client states with a chuckle, while Kora just rolls her eyes.

    "I'll send them when I get there," she states and ends the call. She gets up from her position behind the rocks and looks out at the glamorous landscape of Naboo.

    Where Kora stands now, is the path she paved.

{{AUTHOR'S NOTES}}

Hey guys! This is not considered a chapter, more like an introduction to the story, but I hope you liked it! It is very short but I didn't want it to be too long. Get ready for this story because I am excited for this new interpretation to come alive! Make sure to comment any thoughts, comments, and questions in the comment section and I will be sure to answer. :)