First date, pt 1.

"What kind of person doesn't like coffee?"

"Someone who actually wants to drink something good and not...bitter water." 

"But this has milk. Not even water." You cry in a whisper, popping off the lid of the can.

"It still tastes disgusting!" Mikey yells back, pretending to gag.

He types in the serial code into the vending machine with a coin. The insides of the machine rattles as his order gets processed.

"Every second I spend with you I grow to hate you even more." 

"Wait, does that mean you didn't hate me this much a few minutes ago?" Mikey grins. "You just said you like me." 

"Ugh," You groan. "We all know the truth to that statement."

"Do we?" He picks up a can of strawberry milk from the vending machine and points at you. "Do we really know?"

Mikey had dragged you out of your school half an hour earlier even though you yelled at him for almost 15 minutes.

In the end you gave in.

But you aren't sure why exactly you agreed to go.

He seemed to not know anything about you, and his only reason for you to go with him was that he'll tell you about your sister.

"Are you serious?"

"Why wouldn't I? You just want to know how she's related to m-"

"I know how she's related to you." You'd sighed. "I know almost everything about her. Always have. I was playing dumb for obvious reasons."

"Wai-" He blinked. "Wait so you know about me and shin and-"

"More or less. Nothing new. I've heard about you guys for hours everyday."

Mikey's lips parted. "Oh."

You chuckled. "Whatever, I'm still holding you for that date."

You were in fact, looking forward to it.

You wanted to go out. Of course. It's been more than two days since the injury, you felt all fine now, and you'll have to stay home at all times anyway. But maybe, you could pretend like you stayed for club?

You knew that it was risky, he might get mad at you for staying out. 

But for some reason, with Mikey, you felt like you were ready to take that risk.

You wanted to spend time with him.

Currently, you were at a vending machine grabbing drinks for your perfect little date.

"You drink drinks that have this much sugar?" You noticed. "No wonder you're always so hyper. You should reduce your sugar intake."

You take a long sip of your coffee. Before realizing that Mikey was staring at your at your drink. "What?"

"That's your...let me guess, fifth coffee of the day?"

You coughed, spitting out a little of the drink. He had a point.

"HA! Wrong, it's my third coffee." You wipe your mouth. "I'm a straight a student who hasn't gotten any sleep in four days, let me have at least one joy in my life."

"I mean," He grinned. "I can be the other joy in your life."

You blinked. "Was that an attempt to flirt with me?" 

"Maybe?"

"It failed."

"Dammit."

A smile tugged on your lips. "So, what exactly is your plans for this date?"