Chapter 3

Finn's POV

I opened my eyes to see the new girl asleep on the couch. She looked cold. Where did they keep their blankets?

I walked down the hall, opening closets until I found a big fluffy blanket for her. "Perfect." 

I put the blanket on her and kissed her forehead lightly. "Good night." I turned off the tv, and the lights and pulled out a blanket for myself. I guess I'll be sleeping on the floor tonight. 

Kat's POV

"Fuck" I rolled off the couch and hit the floor, trying to get up. I guess that's not happening today. "Oh well." I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, when my arm hit something. Finn? Oh, I forgot he was still here. 

"Morning." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"No." I whined. 

"What?"

"No." I repeated myself. I hated doing that.

"You want to go back to sleep?" He moved closer, holding me close to him. I just nodded. 

"Okay. Go back to sleep." He held me like I was important to him. It was nice to be held like that again.

 *Half an hour later*

I woke up alone this time. Not as nice as last time, but whatever. I got up and folded the blanket, putting it on the couch. "Oh something smells good." I ran to the kitchen to see Finn cooking eggs and bacon. "Who knew guys could cook?" I sat up on the counter, being the short person that I am, and watched him cook. "Guys can't cook. That's why I was cooking really slow. I wanted you to finish, but holy damn you can sleep." 

I blushed and looked down. "Yeah, I've kind of gotten good at sleeping over the past few years." I shrugged, looking back at him. "Twenty questions. Go." He looked over to me, waiting for me to start. 

"What? I don't think so." 

*An hour later*

"Okay, Okay. Fifteen. Would you rather eat chocolate for the rest of your life, and never have nutella again, or suck a homeless man's toe and have a teaspoon of Nutella once a week?" I'm aweful at this game, I know. But it's fun, right?

"Homeless man's toe."

"Good choice."

"What brought you to England?"

Oh we're getting into the deep questions. "Uhm... A plane. Next question. Blondes or brunettes?

"No, no. Come on. Jenn said that something happened back home and you can't go back. What happened?"

I sighed and turned away from him.

"My parents died in a car crash a few weeks ago. My grandma doesn't like me, so she sent me here. I start school in a week, and I can't go back home because I have nobody to go home to. I have no family left except Aunt Rebbecca and Jenny."

Finn's face dropped. I could tell he regretted asking.

"I'm so sorry." He ran over to me and hugged me, letting me cry on his shoulder. We went to the living room and I cried, snuggled up to him. It felt good to finally talk to someone about it, and be so comfortable. I felt like I've known him all my life.