Chapter 12

I woke up to messages from Mina and Rosi in our group chat. What are we doing this weekend? Mina started.

I can cook for us tonight. I've been wanting to try out this new recipe for Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo. You ladies down? Rosi replied.

Yes, of course, I'm down.

Okay cool, cool. Now we just wait for Ren to respond.

You had me at shrimp. I typed before I pressed send.

Yay. What time are we meeting up? Mina asked a moment after my response. I look at the time to see that it's almost ten in the morning. Are you ladies down for dinner? 6ish, 7ish? Rosi asked.

That works for me. I typed.

See you two at 6:30. Mina replied.

Before I decide to get out of bed and get started on my day, I lay in bed for almost an hour and scroll through my phone. As usual, Greyson isn't home, and Simone is still asleep. So, it doesn't take long for me to get started on cleaning. Since the place is essentially clean, it doesn't take me long to wipe everything down, sweep and mop. By the time I'm done, it's a little past noon. When I'm done cleaning, I take a shower heat up some of Lolita Auntie's food, and sit in front of the TV to eat.

Halfway through my meal, the sound of someone's keys in the door draws my attention away from what's happening on the screen. I look towards the front door to see Greyson walk through. His gaze momentarily meets mine before he looks away and starts walking towards his bedroom. "Hey. You're home early."

"Huh? Oh hey. Yeah," he faintly replied. By his expression, it seems as though something's off. He hasn't spoken to me properly since our sleepover the other night. "Want some food? Jonathan's mom made some extra for us," I asked.

"No, I'm good," he said, without turning back. He shuts the door behind him the moment he enters his room. What the heck was that and why was he acting so distant? Did I do or say something in my sleep, something I shouldn't have said? My mind begins to wander at the possible scenarios that could have happened, all of which could lead him to act this way. Did I confess my attraction to him in my sleep? Or worse...did I try something on him while we were both asleep? Oh lord, I hope not.

While all the possible circumstances run through my mind, I barely notice Greyson walking out of his bedroom. Within seconds, and without even a goodbye, he's already gone and out the front door. He normally says bye to me whenever I leave somewhere or whenever he leaves somewhere, so that's how I know something's wrong. But what could it possibly be?

**********

"So, you're telling me, this man woke up to eat your breakfast, barely said two words to you, and left? And then today, he didn't even eat Lolita Aunty's food? Nah, that doesn't sound right to me," Rosi said as she shook her head in disappointment. After Greyson walked out the front door, it didn't take long before Simone woke up. The two of us hung out in the living room and watched movies until it was time for me to leave for Rosi's place.

Currently, Rosi, Mina, and I are in Rosi's kitchen, helping her with this new recipe she's been wanting to try out. I had given my two best friends a quick rundown of how Greyson has been acting because realistically, I know nothing about guys and the two of them know a lot more than I do. "Yeah, it's really annoying. I don't know if I did something or not." I replied as I chopped up some garlic. I'm on chopping duty while Mina is on washing and peeling duty. Rosi said she's going to be in charge of everything else because there's something specific that she wants to try with this dish. "Do you think you did something?" Mina asked as she peeled an onion.