Chapter 19

I swear to god if my phone autocorrects Vic to Bic  one more time I'm going to lose my marbles and reign chaos on this feeble little world if global warming doesn't beat me to it
Also this chapter doesn't make sense if you don't know how to play the card game war so if u don't know it google it or something
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smiled, remembering the flashback. I should really join the debate club, it would be fun. That's not the point, though. I grabbed my pajamas and walked over to my closet to change, in case Vic comes back in. I change and walk back in to see him laying on my bed, reading a book that was on my nightstand.

"My mom was scared of me walking home this late at night so she's letting me stay." Vic said.

"Nice, what do you wanna do?" I ask.

Vic whispered a single word just barely quietly enough so y/n couldn't hear it, then said something louder.

"I'm not sure, do you have any board games?"

"Lemme check."

Y/n walked over to the nightstand to see if there were any games in the room, as that's where they would be. She pulled out a deck of cards.

"This is all I got. Connor took the rest of mine. Speaking if whom, I'm gonna go check up on them."

"Okay."

Y/n walked over to the other room to check on Connor. He and his friends were still playing charades.

"Hey, how nice if you to finally join us as we embark on a journey to decipher that younglings questionable bends." Richie said in an old British accent.

"Hey y/n, you need anything?" Connor asked.

"Nope, just checking in." Y/n started "And sadly, Sir Richard, I will be unable to journey on with you and your fellow acquaintances, as I have some matters to attend to." Y/n finished with an old British voice, matching Richie's energy.

She left the room at that and went back to hers. She sat on the bed beside Vic. To think that just last week Patrick would have barged into the room and given both if them a very large reprimanding for sitting within five feet of each other feels crazy, but it's true.

"So, may I interest you in a game of war?" I ask.

"Sure, but the loser has to do a dare."

"You're on."

The two played for a while. There was one point Vic only had one card, but it was an ace, so he was able to make an epic comeback. It was pretty 50/50, until Vic won a tie. A tie where two of the upside down cards were aces, and that was just from y/n's cards. It doesn't help that the other card was a king, either. Bic had practically won the game at this point, but it took another 10 minutes for y/n to run out of cards.

"You cheated!"

"How could I have cheated?"

"I don't know, you added an ace or something."

"Ahh yes, I came here knowing full well we would play cards so i kept an ace hidden in my sock so i could pull it out at the perfect time to make you lose." Vic said sarcastically. "Now, I believe it's time for a certain someone to do a dare."

"Fine, what's the dare?"

"Kiss me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 572

Ooh Vicky's getting confident

<3