sour wolves

stiles laughed loudly although it had a bitter ring to it.
"werewolves? what the fuck has this got to do with anything?"

derek sighed.
"he's stuck here so who wants to show him"
a few mumbled but no one stepped forward

"fine. i will"

stiles laughed hollowly again.
"what? you gonna turn into a wolf"

"take this seriously"

"me? you're spewing shit about this being a... a werewolf cult or some shit you are all off your heads"

derek growled.
"my plan was to ease this in but fucking fine"

with that derek shifted, he motioned for the others to do the same he smelt stiles to find shock and fear

"what the flying fuck?"

"we're werewolves okay. forget everything you know about the world and listen before we knock you out"

stiles started breathing heavily, he grabbed his throat as if that would help and swallowed thickly.

"stay back okay"

lydia moved forward and grabbed his arm stiles stared daggers at her and his eyes glowed a strong purple.

"don't fucking touch me"

lydia went flying over the room and hit the wall, she slumped to the ground out cold.

"this was the power surge i mentioned. no one move"

derek ordered, jackson sent him a glare, he wanted to kill stiles after throwing lydia against a wall but listened regardless. stiles' attention turned to derek

"explain what you mean"

"no"

"what do you mean.... you know something i don't- WHAT"

"i'll tell you when you calm down. now try to breathe"

"wha..t do y...ou- th- think i'm doin..g"

scott tried to approach him to calm him down but landed like lydia most of the pack was now livid.

"how.. can i smell you people?"
stiles managed between pants. he was still clutching his throat and his eyes were rapidly darting from one face to the next. lingering on dereks.

"it's our scents. you have one too"
derek explained

"why do most of them smell weird"

at this derek raised an eyebrow
"who doesn't smell weird?"

"well you smell fine, allison smells fine, uhm maybe lydia smells okay i can't remember"

dereks eyebrows furrowed. how come some of them smelt bad? he thought stiles wouldn't like the smell of wolves but why was he okay?

"stiles i'm gonna approach you okay? focus on my scent"

derek got near enough to place an arm on stiles shoulder. stiles did not throw him against a wall. instead he relaxed into the touch, his breathing slowed down as he inhaled dereks scent. this was pretty nice actually. derek smelt like pine trees and coffee.

eventually stiles stood up, no longer dying and looked at derek, waiting for him to explain.

"stiles don't hyperventilate again but we have a suspicion you're a werefox"

"a what?"

"someone who is a part fox part human."

"i've never been bitten though"

"so you're a pure werefox then"

"how the fuck would i not be aware of this till now?"

"well... in all honesty we don't know. i'm surprised no one questioned your eyes and that you never seem to have gotten mad before"

"i work alone so of course no one's seen. what have i got to get mad about when stealing wallets? getting caught? i'll just break out or not get caught easy but explain what the fuck i am in more detail" stiles pointed and accusatory finger at derek, his brows were scrunched up and he was livid.

derek took a breath
" werefox: a person who is part fox, you have magic abilities such as being able to fall and not take any pain. you get an assigned element however it seems yours is air. once fully trained you can turn into a fox fully. what else do you need to know"
deere finished looking up at stiles. stiles was very pale and his eyes were wide open, he opened and closed his mouth like a gold fish for a few seconds before managing

"oh oh ok that's that's so- very cool uhm. i'll just- sleep now okay? okay"

stiles began to fall and derek was quick to catch him. stiles was out like a light. derek started towards the door and was met by confused looks.

"i'll take him to the room"

"are you ever gonna kick him out?"

"he's fine there for now"

derek left and headed to what was originally his room. he carefully placed stiles down on the bed and made to leave. stiles tugged lightly on his jacket.

derek turned, he was still asleep so instead of getting into bed with what was  basically his prisoner he took of the jacket stiles clung to and handed it to him.
stiles immediately curled around it and continued sleeping peacefully.

derek needed to talk to the pack. his wolf gave a low whine when derek left the room which just angered derek, why did his wolf care about this little gremlin? derek knew the answer but until he had to confront that belief he would stay quiet.

slowly he walked down to the conference room, loud shouts could be heard from inside.

he swiftly entered, surveying the scene with cold eyes. lydia and scott were now fine, isaac was incredibly close to scott and jackson had his arm around a shaken lydia. everyone had something to say about stiles. not many were good things.

when they noticed dereks presence everyone turned to him.

"you can't be serious about keeping that guy with us? he's a liability! he's sure to have about her power surge again but next time he won't be able to calm down."
jackson barked. a burst of anger flowed through the room.

"he can work on that"

"and what? we're supposed to just live with it till he does?"

derek gave a low growl at jackson effectively shutting him up.

he took a deep breath and explained.

"look, i get stiles isn't exactly in anyones good books, for fair reason after the stunt he just pulled. however, he's smart, fast and in a fucking weird way caring. we can train him"

"and if he refuses?"

dereks face went cold
"we kill him"

"i really hope he refuses"
jackson muttered under his breath, earning a death stare from derek.

"just, go rest. we have a long day tomorrow and you all need to be on your best behaviour around stiles. or else"

a couple gulped and a few scoffed.
but they all left to their assigned rooms. leaving derek alone to think.

oh THANK YOU TO THE  PERSON WHO WAS A FUCKING GODSEND.