Movie Nights and Little Wishes

"Percy, are we going back to the cliff?" I ask as I begin to recognize the area.

"I told you that I'm not answering." He smiles at me.

"So that's a yes?"

"It's a maybe, Wise Girl. You might be right or-" he fakes a dramatic gasp. "-you could be wrong."

"According to my calculations, which are always accurate, I have under a one percent chance of being wrong."

"Is that so?"

"Yep."

"That's still a chance though."

"A very very slim one."

"Still a chance."

I look over at his face which splayed his lopsided grin that I always found very attractive. He liked trouble and adventure, but he was also so sweet and protective.

He begins to drive up a gravel path and I know that I'm right. I look at him with a smirk.

"You know, I really wish there was something else to do on this side of town, just so we could drive to do that so you could be wrong for once."

"Are we swimming?" I ask. He smirks this time.

"You're wrong." He parks the car with the trunk facing the water, kisses my cheek, and races to open my door. I used to try to shove it open before he could reach me, but by now I've accepted the fact that he likes to do it for me. It was cute to watch.

"What are we doing?" I ask as I climb out of the car. He grabs my hand and leads me to the back, opening the trunk. He grabs a box and hands it to me.

"Pick a movie, Wise Girl." He begins to pull stuff out of the trunk. A small projector, a package that had the parts  to hold up the screen in it. He puts the back row of seats down and sprawls out a blanket and pillows for us, along with different snacks. Together, we set up the projector and the screen.

"Have you decided on a movie?" He asks.

"Percy, I don't know half of these. I rarely ever watch movies," I tell him. He laughs and begins to explain a few of them to me.

"Oh!" I exclaim. "This! I watched it with my dad when I was little. I haven't seen it in forever!"

He laughs but then puts 'The Parent Trap' into the DVD port in the projector. As it begins, we sit down in the trunk of his car, opening a bag of white cheddar popcorn.

"After he showed me this, I dedicated my entire summer to getting him and my mom back together. The only problem was that I didn't have a twin," I explain.

He lets out a laugh and shakes his head. "I'm sure you had the brain power to figure it out on your own."

"I did. It could've worked, I guess. But he was already moved on and had a new wife who was pregnant."

"Oh and you not having a twin was the main cause of your plan's downfall?"

"No, I just always wanted a twin. My little brothers are twins, although they might as well just be clones. There's literally no difference between the two."

"I don't think I could deal with another Annabeth. There's only so many architecture facts that a Seaweed Brain like me can remember."

I laugh. "Not my fault your brain couldn't handle the genius of, not one, but two Annabeth's."

He sighs and lays back, resting his head up on a pillow, so he was still able to watch the movie. "Just imagine if I had an identical twin," he muses.

I think I could manage that, I think to myself. I could totally handle seeing two of him. "I would actually die."

"Wow, thanks for the love, Wise Girl."

"One other thing. Your twin would be hotter than you."

"But we're identical," he states.

"He'd still be hotter."

"Okay is this implying that I'm not hot or that I am? Because if I wasn't, he'd just be regular hot, not hotter."

"I don't know, Seaweed Brain." He smiles at me with his handsome lopsided grin.

"You think I'm hot." I know my cheeks are red.

"You think I'm gorgeous," I state. This time, he blushes.

I smile and fall back, laying next to him. I turn my head to him to find his eyes burning into mine. We lay there, mere inches between our faces, our legs are already intertwined- they did that instantly when I collapsed at his side- staring at one another. My hands find his without my mind telling them to do so.

Percy whispers something so softly that I can't even hear it.

"What?" I ask. He pushes a loose curl behind my ear and cups my cheek.

"You are gorgeous."

My lips are on his, delicately placing a sweet kiss where it belongs. We pull away from one another slowly, his hand still on my cheek.

"I never want to go back," I say suddenly. The words coming out of my mouth surprised me. Not because they weren't true- they were very true- but because I didn't expect to tell him that now.

"You have to though. To finish college, Wise Girl."

"I just want to stay here with you and have our amazing daily adventures," I tell him.

"We can, this summer Wise Girl. We have only a month left of it. Let's not waste it complaining about how short it is."

I kiss him again. His lips are salty, like the blue waves that rocked out in the distance. This time, I kiss him harder than the last. Our bodies seem to move as one, coming as close together as they possibly could, the only thing between them being the clothes that we wore. Our hands skim each other, looking for the perfect place to rest. He decides on my hips, rubbing small circles with his thumbs, sending a shock through my body. Mine slip under his shirt and to his chest. He groans against my mouth. Like a flurry, my tongue makes its way to him, tasting him.

Sweet, like cookies.

We continue to kiss, tongues diving into each other, pulling one another closer and closer, but really we weren't, because the only things between us were my hands, still resting on his chest, and clothes, which I had to admit that I wanted gone.

"Annabeth," he whispers, pulling away from me, slowly and carefully. I miss the feel of his lips already.

"Hmm?" I ask, lazily tucking my head in the crook of his neck and placing a sloppy kiss there.

"I wish summer could last forever."

"Me too." His arms wrap around my body, his eyelids beginning to droop closed, masking their beautiful sea green gems. I slip my from under his shirt, around his body, and let myself just rest in his arms.

The movie still plays in the background and the waves crash below. The stars hang above us, so bright that it was hard to believe that they were so far away.

But right now, we have each other close. That's all that matters.