Part 5

As I was sitting against the wall, body shaking from the sobs, I heard footsteps approach and then stop in front of me.

After a couple more minutes of uncontrollable crying,I look up at the figure in front of me.

The girl in front of me had long dark hair and glowing green eyes.

I wiped the tears from my own blue eyes and stood up.

"Do you need a place to stay?" She asked, her voice gravelly.

"Uh, why do you ask?" I say, startled by her voice.

She simply points to my bags,which are sitting next to me on the sidewalk.

"Oh." I whisper, feeling stupid.

I pick up my bag and we start walking, I presume towards where she lives.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Isis," she replies.

"I feel like I know you, but I don't know from where," I continue. "Do you know me?"

"Yes. I know you, Jamie. More than you know yourself."

We continue to walk in silence as I ponder what she meant by that.

Isis turns sharply onto a walkway up to a brick apartment building. She pulls open the front door and gestures me inside.

I hesitate. I just met this girl, why should I go in her home?

"Come on, you can trust me," she sighs.

"But how do I know that?" I question. I had so many questions running through my head.

"I'll answer all your questions, but you need to rest first." She said, as if she was reading my mind.

Isis took my arm lightly and dragged me inside. She took my bags and headed up a flight of stairs. I followed her, unsure of what was happening.

She unlocked a door on the third floor and dropped my bags, turning on the lights.

"Welcome to my home," She smiled, walking farther into the apartment and dropping her keys on the table.

I shuffled in and shut the door behind me.

"Come on!" She sighed, taking my arm and pulling me to another room in the apartment.

It was a bedroom.

"This is where you'll sleep. I'll sleep on the couch." She explained to me.

"The bathroom is over there," she continued, pointing to a door off the hallway, "And I'll be in the living room, which is where we came in,"

"You can sleep in here," I mumble.

"What?" She asked.

"You can sleep in here, if you want," I say louder.

"No, you can't sleep on the couch," She replied, her tone firm.

"We could both sleep in here," I say, more of a question than anything else.

"Please?" I ask.

"Alright," she relents, and starts stripping down.

I blush, and she realizes.

"Oh! I sleep in a bra and underwear," she laughs. "I hope you don't mind."

"No, I don't mind," I blush even more. I really didn't mind. She was beautiful.

I got into my pajamas- a tank top and booty shorts- and slipped into bed.

She slipped into bed next to me and slipped an arm around my waist.

I smiled and fell into a dreamless sleep, for the first time in weeks.

------------

Okay, so I'm the worst author ever. Sorry.

What do you think of Isis? Mysterious.

Comment and vote. 😘