Chapter 9

Esme’s POV

A couple weeks after the funeral, I was going for a walk. Aileen decided to come with me.

“Are you going to go to Ornund Academy with the scholarship after all? It is a boarding school right?” she asked.

“Ya, I think it’s a good school, my mom thinks it would be good for me too and she could use some time alone after what happened.” I didn't dare say anything else about it, it was too painful to think of.

“You’re going to learn tons, it’s such a fancy school. Not to my liking, but you deserve something like this.”

“Ya, same here, but it'll be fine. I’m going to miss you so much and I’m leaving so soon.”

“I’m gonna miss you too Ez.” She said as she gave me a gigantic hug, “Come on I’ll help you pack.”

                    <><><>

Aileen tromped into my room lugging around one of my family’s huge suitcases. Normally it would take both me and my mom to carry. Then, she unceremoniously pushed back the doors of my closet and randomly started throwing things into the suitcase over her shoulder with suprisingly, accurate aim.

“Slow down!” I said over Aileen’s unusually loud humming.

“Why? You got to be packed for zee fancy shmancy boarding school!”

“Ya, but shouldn’t we do this logically?” At least this was getting my mind off my dad. Which was probably Aileen’s intention, and I was grateful for it.

“ Alright! Put that stuff over there we’re starting with shirts!” I ordered giggling as  Aileen saluted.

"Yes ma'am!"

                        ***

Hope you enjoyed the chapter even if it was kinda short. Vote, comment, fan!