Your Secret's Out and the Best Part is it isn't Even a Good One

Summary (Request 1): HEY UH CAN U WRITE A DEE FANFIC WITH A S/O THAT CAN DRAW REALLT GOOD AND ONE DAY SHE LEAVES HER SKETCHBOOK AT DEES HOUSE AND HE SEES THAT THERES PICTURES OF HIM IN IT? - @ilovesillycats
(Request 2): maybe dee takes y/n somewhere, like maybe to a park and asks her on a date! >:3 - @katdragon1915
-
Y/n and Dee were practically inseparable. Everyone knew this; it was hard not to know this when they're always by each other's side.

They had plenty in common, and y/n's sweet nature naturally balanced out Dee's sarcasm.

However, while Dee was more the brains, y/n was more the artist. Dee would help y/n with homework and assignments when they'd study together, but though she always had it with her, he was never allowed to see her sketchbook.

Dee had seen some of y/n's art, when she'd been sketching random pieces in the art rooms at school for example. But she was very protective over most of her work. If ever he saw she was sketching, Dee would always try to sneak a peek. If she didn't move, or gave him more space to look, that was his permission, but if she held her work closer, Dee knew to back off.

The only thing Dee couldn't understand was why she wouldn't let him see most of her work. He'd seen some of her pieces, why couldn't he see the others. He knew her art was brilliant, he always made sure to compliment her on her skills. So why?
-
"What are you drawing?" Dee asked mindlessly, as y/n drew in her sketchbook next to him while they hung out at his place.

They're time together would often go like this: the two listening to music on Dee's bed, while they chatted about anything and everything, and y/n would draw her secretive artwork.

"That's for me to know, and you to inconclusively wonder about." Y/n replied with a smile, knowing it was killing him to find out.

"Uggghhh! C'mon y/n! You know I love your work, there's nothing you could show me that I wouldn't like."

"Who said you liking it is the problem?" Y/n paused her movements to stare at him, cocking an eyebrow.

"Then why can't I see?" Dee propped himself up a bit more, thinking he was closing in on an answer.

"Well... that's for me to know, and you-"

"Alright! I get it!" Dee huffed while y/n laughed musically.

The two went back to their mindless conversation until y/n had to leave.
-
It was late in the evening, long after y/n had left, when Dee saw it. Y/n's sketchbook. She had taken her case of pencils, but she must've forgotten to take the sketchbook along with it.

Dee had spent the better part of an hour after this discovery, trying to decide whether to look through it or not.

He was desperate to know what was in there, but was it worth violating her privacy? Then again, she would never have to know. But he wants her to show him her work, willingly. He wants to watch her explain each line, and feature to him like she has with so many other works. But if she never knows about him looking through it, there's still time for that...

With that final thought, he cracked the book open slightly, the worn cover, and untethering spine holding together so many pages. With just the smallest amount open, he could see smudges of pencil around the edges of the pages from where she'd shaded drawings and gotten pencil on her hands, later to rub off on the outer edges of the page.

With a deep breath, he fully opened the book to a random page. He had no idea what to say to what he was met with.

A beautifully drawn picture of himself was sitting on the page. He had no idea when it was from, but he was looking off somewhere, smiling sincerely. He must've been with her at the time to be smiling so pleasantly.