*Proposal*

*Requests : a822710 asked for a one-shot where Lucas is a famous basketball player and Max is his girlfriend, then during one of his games he proposes to her. Obviously, she says yes, who wouldn't? Hope you like this one I found the request adorable!!

-

Lucas took a deep breath, running a hand through his dark hair. "Surprise! I'm asking you to marry me!" He smiled doing some awkward jazz hands. His teammates laughed at him all of them shaking their heads at him. "You have got to be kidding me." "What?" "That's the best you've got?" Lucas rolled his eyes sitting down on the bench with them. 

Lucas was currently in his dressing room with a few of his teammates during half-time, preparing himself for the most nerve-racking moment of his life. Frustrated, Lucas chucked the ring of the bottle cap across the room. One guy laughed from behind him, "Dude, she isn't going to say yes if you propose with a bottle cap," Lucas glared at him, obviously, he wasn't going to. 

"A ring is a ring." He joked, turning back the other way. "Okay, just try again." His friends requested while Lucas sighed, shaking off all his old tries. "Okay, okay... I kinda wanna marry you." He grinned widely. His friends put their heads in their hands. "That was awful." "It wasn't that bad, man!" Lucas tried only for his teammates to disagree with him. 

Even his coach agreed, "And the award for most unenthusiastic proposal in the history of proposals goes to Lucas Sinclair!" Lucas got up grabbing his water bottle. "Thanks a lot, coach." His coach hit him on the back a few times while he passed, hyping him up for his upcoming moment a little. "Go get 'em champ!" He yelled after Lucas. 

Lucas sure needed it because the nerves were really starting to get to him. I mean, what if Max said no in front of everyone- on live television? No, she wouldn't do that to him. But what if she changed her mind? Well, this was the sacrifice he was willing to make for her, Lucas would have to find out in front of everyone else.

-

The halftime finally hit and people started to circulate, leaving the inside of the stadium to go grab snacks and have their long-awaited bathroom breaks. Meanwhile, Lucas got up, walking to the center of the court. Max looked around trying to see if other people were as confused as she was but no one else seemed to mind. "What the fuck is he doing," She mumbled.

He cleared his throat while somebody passed him a mic from the outskirts of the court. Lucas smiled pointing to Max childishly, she looked around praying maybe he was pointing to someone else. But nope, it was just her. "Max come out here with me," She pointed at herself with eyes wide. "Yes you, come here," He laughed the crowd following. 

Max shrunk in embarrassment but proceeded to follow his instructions awkwardly walking to join him in the center of the court. She felt sort of underdressed to be there in front of everyone. She was only wearing her sweats since she always tried to morph into the crowd, not wanting to stand out since she was always there watching Lucas play. 

Right now she wished she would've worn something better for this huge audience or live television. "Max..." Lucas trailed off clearing his throat once again. She wasn't expecting anything crazy tonight but here she was, in the center of this basketball court. She noticed his teammates signal on the sidelines making Lucas suddenly drop down to his knee. 

Max's hand flew to cover her mouth in shock and unexpectedly everything made sense now. Earlier in the week, Lucas wouldn't stop talking about jewelry, something that Max didn't really wear often. However, he was only asking to figure out what type of ring she would like the most. Realizing this, Max's heart melted. 

His teammates whooped and cheered from the sidelines while everyone clapped, Max's hand still over her mouth. Lucas lowered it, grabbing her hand while a beautiful gold ring with a large diamond sat in a box in his free hand. "Max, babe, will you please do me the honours and marry me?" She began to cry trying to cover it up with laughter. "Yes, yes, yes." Max cried harder.

Lucas standing to slide the ring onto her finger, Max couldn't believe this was happening to her. She'd been dreaming about this moment since she was a little girl and here she was. "I love you," Lucas smiled into her hair, wrapping her into a sweet hug. "I love you so much," Max cried, pulling away from the hug to give him a sweet kiss.

Though the action might seem small to some, Max was so thankful for all he'd just done for her. It was true, Lucas had done a lot to make this happen. He had the most trouble trying to find her a ring but that was another story. In the end, it was all worth it for him because he knew she was never going to forget this and no one in the party would be able to top this proposal off.

-

"We're engaged now," Lucas whispered giggling behind Max as he guided her through the halls of the stadium towards the parking lot. "I know," Max responded in awe not believing what just happened. "How exciting is it going to be when we meet new people? You can introduce me as your husband and I can introduce you as my wife." He spoke excitedly with a kiss on her cheek.

Wrapping his arms around Max's waist, he rested his chin on her shoulder while they continued to walk. "How lucky am I to get to call you my husband," Max spoke, pressing a hard kiss against his cheek making him smile and squeeze her hips. "That's my wife," Lucas grinned, liking the sound of that word leaving his lips. He pulled Max closer to him, "I can't wait to say that," 

-