Chapter 4: He's A Pretty Rainbow

"Thank you... again. You really didn't have to," I repeated for the hundredth time as Jason and I were walking from the eye doctor to his car.

"Chris, I'm about to glue your mouth shut and duct tape you to a highway. I did it because I wanted to, so one 'thank you' is enough," Jason warned.

Tape me to the road? Go ahead, I'd like to see you try. "Hey, I'm just showing my appreciation. All you had to do was buy glasses, but you were stupid enough to get me contacts. Why would you do something that nice?! What sane person does this kind of thing for someone they don't know?"

"What kind of sane person would be mad at someone just because they did something nice for them?" he argued. I didn't reply. He doesn't get it. Now I owed him. I owed him. This was not what I expected from today. In fact, I was surprised he was able to put up with me the whole afternoon. Even I could never do that if I was someone else. I wasjust an annoying person. "I know that look on your face. Don't you dare try to pay me back," Jason threatened.

"Fine." Oh I was so going to pay you back. I refused to be in debt with him. After I told him my address, I passed out in the car seat from exhaustion and because I didn't want to deal with an awkward silence.

"Chris, we're at your house." I sat up straight. "You're a really deep sleeper. I've been trying to wake you up for a minute. And you snore like crazy," Jason complained.

"What, I haven't snored in years. When did I start--"

"I'm just kidding, you loser. And that was a stupid move you did. Don't sleep in any guy's car. You could have been raped," he teased. He was wearing a pretty big grin. It was like he finds pleasure in playing with peoples' minds. I once made the stupid mistake of sleeping during class in the sixth grade. Apparently I started snoring and embarrassed myself, so to be joking around about that annoys me.

"Idiot, don't say things like that to a girl." I got out; before I shut the car door, I snuck one last 'thank you'. I didn't even wait for a reply because he probably would have stabbed me or something.

"There's nothing wrong about saying thank you," I muttered to myself. When I entered the house, my sweet mother was patiently waiting for me with a tray of cookies. Ha, if only. What I found for me was nothing as good as cookies. It was my mom, and she was angry. Well it looked like I was be getting stabbed after all! Damn it, I forgot to tell her that I was going to be late. "Christina Kelly Reed, where have you been? Do you understand how worried I was? Where are your glasses? What were you doing until now? You have quite some explaining to do," she interrogated.

Where do I start? The fact that my costly glasses were no more or that I spent the day with a bad boy that sexually harassed me? Oh I know, how about I ride off into a summery sunset on a sexy unicorn because I don't want to deal with this right now. "Um, well I, uh, you see it's a long story. This guy accidentally broke my glasses and so he took me to get contacts. Huh, guess it wasn't as long as I thought." I was surprised, the day felt extra extended for some reason. I guess it was just me.

"Hold on, you talked to a guy?" she asked me in a surprised voice. Okay, nice to know that my mother thought I didn't know how to speak to males of the human species.

"Yes mom, it's just like talking to anyone else. Except I don't really talk to other people."

"How much did the exam cost? Is this boy rich or something? We need to pay him back either way."

"It was a hundred and seventy-five dollars. And yes, he is rich. Anyways, can I go to my room now?" I pleaded. Please let me go, please let me go. I'm too tired for this, and I have so much homework to do! This conversation is taking way too long. I guess this is where people would say, "ain't nobody got time for that".