Chapter 3: Pay Him Back

"Christina, there you are," Jason sighed, jogging over to me. "Something came up, so Danny asked me to take you to get your glasses instead." Oh hell no. I tilted my head up to the sky and waved at it. "What are you doing?" he asked, staring at me in confusion.

"I'm saying goodbye to my happiness. Good bye, happiness! I don't want to go if it's with you. I only agreed to this because I thought Danny was going to take me," I told him dryly. No way was I spending the afternoon with him. Not even if Zeus threatened to shoot me in the esophagus with his lightning thingys.

"Aw, don't be so cold, Christina. Danny said he really wants you to go and wants to see you wearing beautiful glasses on Monday." Danny said that? Wow.

"Don't call me Christina. I go by Chris, and... did he really say that?" Jason nodded. "Okay, I'll go." No god or goddess could make me go, but if it's Danny then I'll consider. Jason raised his eye brows. "What?"

"All it took was to mention Danny to make you smile? Man, he has a way with the ladies. Well, of course I do too," he confidently stated, shrugging his shoulders. My smile instantly dropped and I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, get in my car," he commanded, entering the driver's seat. Yeah, that's not something a pedophile would say. Oh but wait, it totally is.

Right when we left school grounds, it came. The thing that everybody hates the most. It was the awkward silence. "So uh... why'd you... you know," I looked at him, hoping he would catch on.

"Why did I what?" I face palmed myself mentally. He was really going to make me say it.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked stiffly. This was definitely not my type of conversation. When I saw him tense up, I figured he didn't favor this subject either.

"Uh well, I planned on kissing some random girl, and you looked the most decent from the back. You know it would have been more enjoyable if you had kissed me back. You just stood there like a statue. Normal girls would respond if a hot guy like me started kissing them."

"We seem to have different definitions of normal. A normal girl wouldn't start kissing a guy she didn't know. Even if he was supremely attractive. You can't just go around kissing girls as you please!"

"I don't go around kissing random girls! I just kissed you to make a point to Sasha. You owe me a better kiss. The one we shared was horrendous in the most awkward way possible."

I over dramatically scoffed at him. I owe him a kiss? No, that is not how it works, boy. "You owe me my first kiss!" The words just slipped trough my mouth. Oh crap, is he going to laugh at me? He is going to say that I'm such a loser for never having my first kiss until he came along. I looked out the window, hoping he didn't hear what I said. Although, I kinda yelled at him, so....

"Wait, I was your first kiss?" Yep, he heard me. Of course he did! "You should feel honored! It's not like you're gonna get a chance to kiss anyone better than me, even though you didn't actually kiss me back," he said with a big smirk on his face. Oh Jesus Christ, how cocky can this guy get? I flicked my head at him

"There is someone else! That's why I'm mad at you! That first kiss was supposed to go to Da--" I stopped myself by whipping my direction back to the window, trying to hide the regret on my face. I almost said his name! I seriously need to think before I speak.

"Oh, how interesting. Christina Kelly Reed, the loner of our school, has a crush?" he asked slyly. What the hell? He knows my full name. He's going on freaking familytree.com mode.

"How am I the loner of our school when there are others who are friendless too?" Just avoid the question Chis. Avoid it and you'll live.

"You're different. The other "forever alone" people know people in the school. You, however, know pretty much nobody's name and are never aware of your surroundings. You obviously didn't notice that I share some classes with you and that's how I know your full name. Did you think I went on familytree.com or some shit?" Yes, that is exactly what I thought actually. "I wouldn't waste my time on you," he snapped at me.

"Excuse me, but you're actually spending some quality time on me right now," I stated sarcastically.

"Well uh, I'm doing this for Danny. Don't avoid the question! Tell me Chris, who is your crush that you wanted to kiss instead of me oh-so badly?" Damn it, just when I thought I had the upper hand in this conversation.

"I never said I had a crush." I'm not lying. Just have to find loop holes here and there.

"It was implied, honey. Tell me who it is. I could hook you up," he tried to lure me in and added a wink.

"Who do you think you are? Of course I wouldn't tell you!"

"Come on Chrissy! I always know who's doing what, when, and where in this school," he pushed on.

"You definitely didn't know what Sasha was doing when, where, and how hard." I argued.

"What do you mean 'how hard'? You make it sound like she's a prostitute." He didn't know how bad I wanted to just say that it'd make more sense to call her "Prostitusha" instead of "Sasha".

"You're so ignorant. Everybody knows that you and Sasha were cheating on each other. People saw you on dates, word spread, there was proof, but somehow neither of you even noticed that the other was doing things they shouldn't have. Maybe you know now that she was fooling around and broke it off with her, but it was so obvious."

"I didn't break up with her because she was cheating. I did it because she wanted to date my brother. I knew all she would do was mess around with him and use our money then break his heart, so I had to cut off all ties with her," Jason said, coming to red light. When the car stopped, he kept his eyes forward. "I knew she was with other guys at times, but I didn't care because we both knew our relationship was just a fun game to play. I mean Y.O.L.O. right?" he teased, keeping his eyes on the road. He seriously just said that? If only I had permission to smack that boy. He should live out his high school life better than that. People should appreciate their friends because you might lose them one day, or maybe find a high school sweet heart because people actually notice you and are attracted to you. Unlike me who had no real friends and has never gone on one date. When he turned to look at my face, somehow we locked ourselves into a weird stare. It kinda felt like he was looking into my soul.

"What are you looking at?" I wondered, desperately wanting to break the ice.

"You... you look pretty. Glasses don't really suit you."

"Your charm won't work on me," I told him. Heat started to rise to my face. I'm blushing over a stupid empty compliment, really? Wow, I need to see a doctor. What has this world come to? My glasses are broken, everything looks a little blurry, I'm spending my Friday afternoon with Jason, and I'm blushing because a boy told me I look good without glasses. Maybe the world really should have ended in December. I averted my eyes away and pointed straight ahead. Horns were honking behind us. Jason followed his stare to where I was pointing. The light was green. Now we're both blushing. He actually looks kinds cute with a pinkish color on his face. I wonder how Danny would look like when he gets embarrassed. Ugh, why couldn't it have been Danny who kissed me. My life, why is it like this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah yeah another late chapter. I'm sorry. And this is such a poopy chapter too. Nasty, I know just wait for later chapters they'll probably be a lot better ( I hope ) How much do contacts cost? Could someone answer that for me? Thanks!

<4

Btw im REALLY SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER DOESN'T SATISFY YOU. AGHH I'm having writer's block, so if any of you have ideas then feel free to inform me of them! I'll give you credit ;)

Please vote/comment so I know you don't think I'm a loser :)