Chapter One: Arriving in Cousins.

Hey guys! Before we start, I'm starting a new Damon and Elena fanfic called "Promise Me This is Forever.", and I would love it you could give it a read! (3/07/23). Thanks guys, have fun reading!

Belly's POV:

I look a lot different then last summer. For one, I peaked in puberty. I have boobs now, not the biggest ones, but they're there. I grew out my hair, I ditched my glasses, and I started wearing makeup. I personally don't think I look too different, but everyone else disagrees. I hope Conrad thinks I am pretty, though.

I am in the passenger's seat of my Mom's Sedan, driving through town, by town, by town, waiting for my arrival into Cousins. I go there every summer. It's my home. The weather, the house, the adventures, the ocean, but mostly, the boys.

As soon as I see the "Welcome to Cousins" sign, my senses kicked in. It smelled the same. It looked the same. It tasted the same. "Belly Button." I hear. I immediately jump out of my trance and I am faced with my brother, Steven, snapping in my face. "Belly. We're at the gas station." He says. I look around me. The gas station we always stop at before we get to Susannah's. It feels the same too. I open the passenger door and sprint to the doors of the 7-11. I grab myself a Coke and some Cheetos, I tear open the bag and eat the Cheetos right there in the store. The gas station clerk eyes me and smirks. He's a tall, brunette, fluffy haired guy with brown eyes. "You're gonna pay for that, right?" The clerk asks me. I smile and walk over to the counter with my goods. I hand him my card. "So are you new this summer?" He asks me as he scans my items. "Uh.. No. Actually I come here every summer and stay with my mom's friend.". He makes a thinking face. "Weird.." the clerk starts. "I've never seen you around." I shrug and smile. "So um" he starts. "Are you coming to the bonfire tonight?" He asks me. I wasn't planning on it. I always spend the first night in with Susannah and my mom watching a movie. I couldn't tell this guy this, though. This could be it. My summer wish. This boy, this night. "Do you want me to?" I finally reply. He smiled and nodded. My mom came up behind me. "Let's go. I promised Susannah we'd be there by 3:00." she says and she pushes me along out the door. "I'll see you later." Said the clerk. "What's later?" My mom asked as we entered the car. "Nothing Mom." She rolls her eyes. I sit in my seat and pull down my mirror. I pull my hair out of its ponytail and fix my mascara as Steven pulls out back onto the road again.

About 10 minutes later, I have my eyes closed. But still, I know we are there when we pull up to the house. I can't help but smile. I wait for my mom and Steven to get out first. I see Susannah emerge out of the doors. She runs to give my mom a hug. And then Steven. A few seconds later, as I am stepping out of the car, I see Jeremiah Fisher follow her out. We lock eyes for a few seconds before he runs up to me and throws his arms around me. "Bells!" He exclaims as he holds me in his embrace. "Hi Jere, I missed you so much.". "I missed you too Bells." He answers. He holds me for a bit longer and I feel his breath on my neck. I pull away and gaze into his sapphire eyes. I gaze for a few seconds longer when I see Conrad out of the corner of my eye. He stumbled down the steps and looked very unhappy. I smiled when I saw him. He didn't look happy about it, but he did smile. I ran up to him and threw my arms around him. He hesitantly hugged me back. "Hey Belly." He said as he gave me a noogie. I laughed and smacked his hand away. I ran to hug Susannah. "You're gorgeous!" She says. "I mean you've always been beautiful but, wow!" She exclaims. I smile. "Thanks Susannah."