{𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍}

The festival was loud and bright with the many students laughing and chatting along as they walked in big groups. You took in a long breath—the smell of food hitting your nostril hard making your mouth water. Even if you two were ten feet from entering—the sting smell had gone a long way. Shinichiro takes the helmet off your head and places it on the handle of the motorcycle. Your hands smooth out any misplacement of hair. Shinichiro gets off before he helps you off.

"What should we do first?" Shinichiro asked as he came up from behind—walking beside you as he linked his fingers with yours. You think for a moment before you speak.

"They have a couple of games we could play. Let's wait for the food a little bit. Most of them won't be open until later"

Shinichiro hums. He's taken by surprise when you start to drag him in. Stumbling over his own feet as he tries to match your pace.

Little known fact— Shinichiro sucks at booth games. We had won the plush two for you back at the carnival that day, he had spent almost all of his saved up money. So it's a shock to him when he witnessed you beat almost all of them—getting your hands on every prize you can get. It's almost embarrassing to find himself with his hands full of all these prizes, but thank the lord they weren't anything big and heaving, because god knows Shinichiro isn't the strongest.

"This is so embarrassing" he groans as he watches you win yet another plush toy. You let out a small giggle placing it with the others in his arms

You chuckle "don't worry. You can give them to Emma. I'm sure she'll appreciate it more than you"

"No!" He shouts, you look up at him in shock and he clears his throat in embarrassment "I mean—I'll keep them, sure, besides Emma has way too many toys for her age. Seriously it's become an issue "

"Alright but don't get all sad and pouty when I win you another" you pats his back making the older sano mumble something under his breath.

"You are so funny" Shinichiro rolls his eyes.

The sun started to set quickly. The moon replaced the sun in its spot by eight PM. You were excited—yanking on Shinichiro's arm as you dragged him into a crowd of people, the boys following close behind you two. Although Shinichiro was struggling as he tried to not bump anyone that would result in dropping every single prize you had won him. No matter how many times he tells you to slow down- you wouldn't. Responding with the same "if we don't get there faster all the good spots will be taken"

Which is partly true, the festival comes to an end when they set off the fireworks. The same firework show you and May used to watch when you two were little. Sneaking out of your own homes—way past your bedtime and running off to a high mountain where it had a good view of the bright loud show. To think the both of you were now close enough to watch it and not having to sneak out to watch it somewhere else this time. Now you're watching it with Shinichiro Sano.

The good thing is that the school never locked their doors—so that made it easier for you two to enter and thanking whoever was above that there was nobody on the school roof—well maybe a couple of people.

"We have a few minutes before it starts" You say letting out a breath. It goes quiet, the only thing you could hear was the heaving breathing coming from Shinichiro.

"There were a lot of stairs. Jesus fucking Christ" shinichiro coughs, his hands holding him up as they're placed on his knees. You pat his back gently

"Ew shin you're sweating like you ran the damn marathon"

"It's cause I did"

You roll your eyes.

"You're part of the most known gang around here. You kick ass, well kinda from what I heard, and you're telling me you can't handle a couple of stairs?"

"I don't go around running up long stairs though" shinichiro deadpans "I run in a straight line on a smooth surface most of the time-"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The sound of loud fireworks shuts Shinichiro up, it shuts everyone up as they stare up the bright fireworks in awe. Their faces match the color of the bright firework as it pops up in the sky. Everyone's focus is on the show—Shinichiro isn't. He's looking at you. Watching with nothing but adoration written all over his face as he watches you squeal in excitement.

He can't help but think how beautiful you look under the firework lights.

"Oh look at that one!" You tug at the end of his white shirt. With your other arm stretched out and pointing at the firework that slowly disappears in the air. The smile on your face tugs down "what's the matter?"

"You're really pretty" he blurts out.

You're taken aback, obviously. You can only stare at him with wide eyes. The loud sounds of the fireworks and people cheering go silent. Shinichiro turns red. Embarrassed by the fact that you say nothing.

"I take it back actually" a nervous laugh escapes his lips '' wait no! What I meant to say that you are pretty and just forget I said anything because I sense I made it awkward for you and I don't want you to feel awkward around me because I don't know when to keep my mouth shut around pretty people and I honestly don't know why I'm-"

"𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" he shuts his eyes—afraid to look at you. You stare up at him with wide eyes. Mouth gaping open and closing like a small fish in the ocean. It takes you a while to process before you can calmly sigh and look up at him.

"𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨"

"𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐰" he says not listening to the words you had just said which makes you sigh. You guess it's from all the times he's been rejected that it became a common line.

"𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧...."

The fireworks weren't shutting him up. He's rambling nervously.

You calling out his name wasn't shutting him up either.

Yet a simple kiss to his lips was all it took. He almost dropped all the prizes he carried in his arms—his knees grew weak. His face turns more red than it was before.

"I like you too you idiot" you laugh as you glance up at home with a smile.

He stays quiet.

"Am I really that bad of a kisser?" You question. That seemed to snap Shinichiro out of it as he shook his head violently.

"No it's not that it just caught me off guard! I didn't expect it to be that quick!

"Would you have liked it to be longer?"

"Can....can it be longer?"

"You are so needy"

"I have been rejected about 21 times"

You laugh as you lean forward. Shinichiro stops you. "Hold. Let me just—you! Here hold this for me!" Shinichiro calls out running towards a random bystander and hands him all the stuff he's been holding in his arms and runs back to you. Another laugh escapes your lips. Shinichiro's palms are sweating and he roughly wipes them against his black jeans. Guiding him gently towards you as you tug on his hand.

"Don't be so nervous" you mumbled against his lips "I can feel your hands shaking"

"Sorry. I'm not used to it when a girl who gives me their undivided attention more or less makes the first move on me and kisses me" he chuckles.

"That's so embarrassing"

"Please don't ruin the moment and just kiss me. Please?"

"Gladly"

A small simple kiss that lasted longer than it should have. But neither of you were complaining at the moment. It was a perfect moment too. With the sound of people cheering and the sound of fireworks in the background.

He taste like cigarettes

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐑 || 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐎 𝐒. 🎉