Chapter twenty: Cale's adventure team

Cale and Youna teleported to King Zed's office, of course they were invisible so they wouldn't surprise anyone if ever there were people inside.

When they arrived inside his office, the King was conversing with Marquis Stan, Taylor's father. Youna and Cale just stayed near the wall to avoid being noticed.

"Your Majesty, we need to pay attention to the Henituse Territory. They are gathering forces, knights and mages. I am afraid Count Deruth will use this to turnover the balance we have!" Marquis Stan said. The King knew that the knights and mages Deruth had recruited were for protection and for his firstborn.

"I am sure that is not the purpose why he gathered those knights and mages. You may have heard the news that his firstborn son always gets entangled with troubles. You're just overthinking," King Zed responded. And knowing Deruth, his intention is different from what people may speculate after all, his family's safety is his priority.

"Your Majesty—!"

"If that is all, you may leave. Count Henituse's intentions are different from what you think," King Zed said and dismissed the Marquis. The latter just gritted his teeth and exited the room.

The King sighed, when Cale made sure that no one would enter the office he told Youna to remove the invisibility. Only him was visible.

"Uncle Zed!" Cale called with a smile. The king got surprised with the sudden visit of the redhead but he remained composed and greeted him with a smile.

"Oh, Cale, it's been a while," Zed replied and walked closer to him, and gave the redhead a bear hug.

"Urk, you should do this to your sons, not me," Cale said as he was squeezed by the King.

"I know, I know. I just want to do this to my cute nephew," the King laughed.

"You grew taller compared to last time," Zed said as he patted Cale's head. The redhead just smiled smugly.

"What brings you here, Cale?" The King asked as he beckoned the redhead to sit on the sofa across from him.

"Hm, I want to ask your permission," Cale answered.

"Permission? From what?"

"Yes, permission. I would like to go out with the first prince," Cale answered with a stern voice. The King was taken aback from the redhead's request, he cleared his throat.

"Can you elaborate on this request?"

"Well, you see, the first prince might be feeling lonely in his palace and I want to recruit him in my adventure team."

"Adventure team?"

"Yes! We will go on an adventure and see different places. But I won't take him for too long, I know he's a prince and his safety is the number one priority here."

"Oh, I see. Well, you can take him with you for a while. He's been too immersed with his studies and work, I'm afraid he doesn't have any moment when he could rest," King Zed said with a worried gaze.

"Ayo, the first prince is working so hard since you are not paying him much attention. What's the price of spending some of your time with your son," Cale replied, sighing at his hopeless uncle. Zed pinched his cheeks.

"You cheeky, brazen brat," he said, while Cale struggled to get out of being pinched.

"You and father are the same. Ah, birds of the same feathers flock together, truly," the redhead said as the King let him go.

Before the King could respond to that, a knock interrupted him and the first prince entered. Alver was taken aback seeing that familiar red-haired with his father. Cale immediately glared at Youna who forgot to turn him invisible.