The Girl Laying In The Pillows

"Okay," Sero flipped to a random page in his Biology textbook, "True or False: Angiosperms are plants that produce any kind of flower,"

"Uh, true?" Y/n flinched away from the book like it would punch her if she were wrong.

"Bingo! Your turn." He slid the book her way and she did the same thing he did.

"True or False: Recessive genes mask other present genes."

"False right? Dominant genes do that."

"Yep, here." She handed him back his book and pulled out her History textbook.

Sero put the book on his desk and took out his notebook, "They say cramming the night before an exam does more harm than good, but this maybe be the best idea I've ever had."

Y/n nodded, "Do you want to keep going with the quiz thing or switch it up?"

"I guess that's all we can do," He cringed flipping threw his notebook. "My notes are pretty much useless."

"I have Iida's notes, wanna use those?"

Sero stared blankly at the girl sitting in his hammock, then on his nearly empty notebook, and finally back up at the girl. "You got Iida's notes? How?"

She tilted her head, "I just asked for them."

"Nobody has ever gotten his notes," He squinted. "Whenever we ask for them he lectures us."

"Do you want to use them or not?" Y/n took the five-subject notebook from her bag.

"Hell yeah, I do!" He picked it up and flipped through the pages, "Which subjects are these?"

"History," Sero gave her an 'and?' gesture with his hand. "That's it."

"How the hell do you take 400 pages worth of notes In 2 months? It's more pages than the textbook itself."

She slid off the hammock and rolled closer to him, "Just write down the stuff highlighted in yellow, he told me those were the main points of each lesson."

He scribbled down the well-written notes in his own messier handwriting. Y/n fixed her mouth to ask Sero something, but she remembered what he said the night before.

'You can call me Hanta, I call you Y/n so it's only fair.'

She twirled the pen in her hand. Why was she stressing over what name to call her friend?

'It's not that hard Y/n, just fucking pick. Sero or Hanta? Sero or Hanta? Sero or-'

"Hey, Santa?"

"What?" Sero's head immediately turned toward her. "Did you just call me Santa?"

Her face got warmer the longer she sat in the silence, "Yes but not purposely. I was trying to decide whether or not to call you by your first name. Which sounds stupid saying it out loud."

He squinted up at the ceiling and stroked his chin, "Hero Santa. I like it, that should've been my hero name!"

"if I heard Hero Santa was coming to save me I would be more scared of that than the threat itself." She chuckled.

He ignored her comment, "Anyway, what did you need?"

"Could you turn the book more towards me? I can barely read it."

"How can anyone write this small?" He pushed her the notebook and rolled over to lay on his back.

She squinted down at the notebook. "And how do the letters get smaller the longer I look at them."