V.

POV S A R A H

...I look cautiously at the entry of the living room and observe the man with a honk entering with a huge smile.

xx- Welcome to a year of hard training

He smiles and stops in the middle of the living room.

The sound of the door being opened again catches our attention and a blonde woman enters the living room and smiles when she sees us.

xx- Hi guys, I'm Debby

Everyone- Hi Debby.

xx- As I was saying, you will live in this house for the next 12 months. I hope you feel at home here, comfortable and acquainted as soon as possible.

Debby- Yes... but not too much comfy! You will have training before and after school, on weekends training will be a little later but you will have the rest of the day free. It is forbidden to consume drugs and substances that help you to have better physical results. You will be evaluated throughout the year which will have consequences for you in terms of household chores as well, in the garage there is a board with your names, during every week you will have to improve, the person who improves the most, at the end of the week will be first to choose their task and so on. Academic grades will also count, if you have bad results in school your rating will decrease. And that's it. I left the easy job to Simon.

Oh, so the man with a honk it's Simon, got it.

Kayla- And how will this week's household chores be distributed?

Simon- I will to distribute

Zane- When?

Simon- Right now! Let's go to the garage.

We all get up and follow Simon into the garage.

[...]

Simon- So, the household chores of this weekend will be distributed according to your performance in today's test.

Mel- Whoever performed the best will be the first to pick, right?

Debby- Right.

Simon- The first one choosing will be... Kai.

He starts dancing and smiles. The others clap.

Kai- What are the chores?

Simon- Cleaning the kitchen and that means washing the dishes, washing the toilets, cooking, making the beds, set and clear the table, doing the shopping, clean the dust, putting the clothes in the washing machine and after washing them, putting them in the drying machine and lastly take care of everyone's boards daily.

We listened carefully and after Simon finished speaking Kayla put her hand in the air.

Simon- Yes, Kayla?

Kayla- If I'm not wrong, I heard 9 household chores and we are just 8.

Simon- Yeah, about that... The last person will take the last 2 chores.

Kai- Thank god it's not me.

Simon- Then you better choose your chore before I decide what it will be.

Kai- Okay okay, I choose to set and clear the table.

Simon- Great, the next person is... Kayla.

She smiles and puts her hands on her hips. Everyone clapped.

Kayla- I choose to cook.

Simon- Alright, the next person is... Ethan.

Ethan- Top 3 it's not bad.

He says and everyone laughs.

Seeing all the chores being assigned is making me anxious, if everyone was better than me I don't even want to imagine how difficult it will be to win some competition against them.

Simon- Which chore do you want to do this week?

Ethan- I want to make the beds.

Simon- Interesting. So, the next one is Zane.

Zane smiles without showing his teeth

Zane- I want to go shopping.

Simon- Okay, In fifth place is... Leanna

Lea- I will take care of the clothes.

Simon- The next one is... Nathan.

Nathan- I want to clean the dust.

Great, now is just me and Mel. I bet I will be the last one.

Simon- In seventh place is... Melanie.

I knew it. I hope she chooses the toilets.

Melanie- Well... I choose to clean the kitchen

Simon- Alright. Sarah you are the last one so you will clean the toilets and take care of everyone's boards

- Excellent. - I sigh and everyone looks at me with pity.

Simon- Well, don't be discouraged, you have a week to show that you can have the best performance.

Debby- Exactly, now let's go inside again because I've got another thing to show you.

We went back inside the house, and an older lady was standing there as if she was waiting for us.

Debby- Guys this is Jilly, the owner of the house, she will always be here if you need anything but don't cross the line as she can be too nice and understanding from time to time.

Jilly seems like a very cute woman.

Debby- Back to our subject, the house has 4 free rooms which means that each room will be occupied by 2 people.

Simon- Then I'll tell you who you'll share the room with. Kayla will share a room with Melanie, Kai will share the same room as Zane, Ethan and Nathan will share the same room and finally Sarah and Leanna.

She smiles at me and I smile back, feeling relieved to share a room with someone who also speaks Portuguese.

Debby- And that's all for now, you can go unpack your bags and rest until dinner time, which is 8:30 pm.

Debby and Simon leave the house, and Jilly goes to the kitchen.

Lea- I think we better go and see our room. - She speaks in Portuguese and I agree and follow her.

[...]

2:00 pm

Finally, I finish unpacking my things and let my body fall onto my newest bed.

Lea- So, what did you think of the guys? They look cool! - She says in Portuguese.

- Yes, I loved them. - I say sitting cross-legged.

Lea- I don't want to sound like that girl, but have you seen the boys who are going to live with us for 1 year?? - She says excitedly and smiles.

- Yeah, I don't know how I'm going to be able to stay focused on training.

Lea- really, I hadn't even thought about it yet, oh my god I'm going to freak out. - We both start laughing and someone knocks on the door.

Lea- Come in - Our brazilian girl yells and Ethan appears behind the door.

Ethan- We are going to the beach, do you both wanna come?

- Sure.

Lea- Don't need to ask twice. - She speaks in portuguese and gets up

Ethan looks at her confused and then leaves without understanding anything.

{...}

Our girl stayed in the last position.