Chapter One- Late

Please Note: Spencer is a GIRL! Not a guy. This is not a boyxboy story (not that there are anything wrong with those)

Author's Note: Okay so this is my second book on Wattpad, and my first werewolf story! I hope you like it lol!

I was going to make this chapter longer, but what I would have ended with should be the starting of a chapter not an ending lol!

Currently unedited!

Vote, Comment, Fan :D

And thanks for reading!

Picture of Spencer to the side ------------>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer's POV

Late....late...late...late...

That repetitious phrase kept bouncing around in my head, the insentient ringing of that dreadful word was literally causing me to get a tension migraine. Which is not a good thing considering I was driving at 65 miles per hour down a spooky forest surrounded road.

Carver would not be pleased with me...but what else was new. That was all I ever seemed to be doing anymore, displeasing him. Bitterness crept into my thoughts as I recalled the reason for our estrangement in the first place.

When I was thirteen when my parents died seven years ago, they were driving home from a date when their car “drove” off a cliff. The police had told us that they had lost control in the rain and over-corrected themselves right off the edge.

My grandparents ended up hiring a private investigator to see if there was more to the story, he had managed to find out that the tire skid marks made it look as if they were pushed off the road. A few days later he died of a heart attack and my grandparents seemed to lose interest.

My brother and I had discovered that we possessed powers a few years later, but we didn't know who to turn to with this information so we kept it to ourselves. Carver always believed that our parents must have had powers too, and for some daft reason he believed that was what ultimately caused their deaths.

He wanted to keep what we could do a secret, while I did agree with that part, I wanted to at least be able to use my abilities to my advantage should the need ever arise. He viewed them as evil, something to be ashamed about, I did not.

Carver and I haven't spoken in about eight months, not since our last fight about it. I was developing my gifts, he was locking his away, and both of us believed we were right. What is the use of possessing something extraordinary if you just keep it bottled up inside yourself?

So I was shocked when he called me out of the blue yesterday, begging me to come to this random town called Withersfield to meet his "new flavor of the month". My mind briefly flashed back to our strange phone conversation.