prologue

"America, are you sure with this?" He ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes focused on mine.

I nodded my head as my grip tightened on the steering wheel. One race, America. Just one freaking race. Drag racing and drifting has been my guilty pleasure and my hobby since I knew how to learn to drive a stick.

He shook his head, he doesn't like the idea of this race war I am on. One race could eventually cause a happily ever after or another heartbreak.

"This is so stupid, America. Why do you want this?" I flinched at the moment he slammed his hands on the hood of my car. Nevertheless, I was too furious to answer him. I never wanted any of this, it was for his own good.

A blonde girl in a neon green bikini walks in front of the two cars with a race flag on her hand. She flashes a sinister smile and signals both cars to move forward.

"Let's get the party started!" She claims, as both cars roared to life.

"Ready," She raised the flag on her left as I placed my hands on 11 and 1 on the steering wheel.

"Steady," The moment she raises the right flag, I shifted mg gear to neutral and kept both of my feet near the clutch and the accelerator.

She flashes a big smile before she puts the flags down. I pressed my foot on both the clutch and accelerator alternately.

Ride or die, bitches.

© malikhoodhemmings • all rights reserved