Y/N's outing: Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

My precious vessel,
You will be just fine.
No matter how much we walk
Through this passage of time

Tossing and turning
Through the sea
Your freedom is the fee

Don't fear,
Let the sea consume you.
And when that day comes
What remains won't be you.

"In a spring-summoning ritual, acting as if spring has come creates an incantation that invites spring to come in actuality. The specifics aren't known, but signs of a person related to the cold wave being assaulted were found, which may or may not be related to this ritual." I read through the article on the newspaper.

"Huh... This is interesting," I quietly muttered to myself.

I continued reading through the article, "The victim of the assault was a youkai of winter, Letty Whiterock. Judging from the scene of the scuffle, she was completely beaten. Perhaps the ones who started this fight felt it was a more reliable method than the spring-summoning ceremony. After she recovered from being buried in the snow, she spoke critically of the event.
"Summoning spring? I don't know what that is, but it was a human who attacked me, despite their fear of youkai. I was just flying around, enjoying the long winter. Blizzards are an uncommon occurrence, so you'd think they would be more eager to enjoy it."."

Hold up a second... It was definitely Reimu's work. Our local shrine maiden, terrorizing the innocent population as usual.

The rest of the paper wasn't as interesting, so I just kind of skimmed over the remaining parts.

At the end of the article, the name of the writer was given... "Shameimaru Aya". Of course, it was Gensokyo's resident reporter. Who else would be writing articles?

Well, whatever the case is, the incident has been resolved and spring is quickly flowing back into Gensokyo. The Sakura trees have already started blooming again. It is getting warmer too.

My ghost buddy hasn't visited me in a while now that I think about it. I haven't seen him again since...the winter started to get out of hand.

I am pretty sure he is fine, but it still makes me worry about his whereabouts.

I look out of the window and see a village free of any snow. The people are walking around freely, not inside of their homes with nothing to do.

... The hustle and bustle of the human village...it is nice to see it return.

Maybe I should go out for a little stroll.

I walk to the front door of my house. It has been months since I last used this door... It is quite strange for me to be using the door.

I open it and go outside.

The sun was up high in the sky, people were going to work or just taking a walk. The children played with each other...

I walked out into the warm rays of the sun. This felt much more like Gensokyo, unlike the freezing hell we were stuck in for over a month.

I walked ahead, not in any particular direction. Not too far away from my house was the 'Kirisame-ya Second-Hand Shop'. It was run by Marisa's father. He was a nice man. We never really got all that close since I didn't have much reason to enter the shop.