Chapter 11

Darek Was the first to reach the hordes of monsters. With the help of magic, Darek broke their line of defense. Darek hacked and slashed and stabbed, but for every monster he killed, more took their place. The ground started shaking and Darek looked over the creatures to see a Cyclops crashing through the streets, swiping soldiers away.

Dareks protective instinct kicked in and he ran back to Daryl and Elissa.

"Time to go." said Darek urgently. Darek grabbed Elissas hand and led her through the side alleys. Daryl followed close behind. A group goblins stood in a road, terrorizing a group of citizens.

"Fin-scro." muttered Darek. The goblins erupted in a scarlet fire.

"Keep moving." said Darek abruptly. Moving quickly, they headed up the main street. They arrived at the worst place possible, the middle of the kingdom, where the battle was raging on. Darek let go of Elissa and pulled out his sword.

"stay behind me Elissa." Darek ordered.

Darek and Daryl fought their way through the battle zone, when a large wooden club landed in front bof them. Darek looked up at the Cyclops.

"Thol-Skla-Skree" hummed Darek, sending the Cyclops flying into a building. A lion-like roar made Darek spin around. Darek was then pinned to the ground by a chimera.

"Thol-Skla-skee."mumbled Darek, attempting to throw the chimera, it must be protected by magic, reasoned Darek. Darek looked up at Elissa.

"Run!" said Darek calmly. Elissa looked at him with panicked eyes. Daryl grabbed her arm and the ran, disappearing into battle. Darek looked at the lion, when green mist floated over Darek.

"Great, im being poisoned."mumbled Darek as he lost vision.

-------------------------------------

Daryl Point of view-

-------------------------------------

Daryl Slashed his way through the monsters, making his way to the guards. Elissa hadn't seen, but Daryl looked back and seen Darek go limp and get carried off by the chimera. If Darek died, they had no chance of winning this battle. Daryl pushed hiss way through the guards, heading as far back as he could. Osiris and the king had survived, and were standing behind everyone. Osiris looked at Daryl and Elissa.

"Where's Darek?" asked Osiris. Daryl hung his head. Osiris was void of emotion.

"Impossible. He was our only chance at defeating that dragon." muttered Osiris.

"If only we could have saved the body, had a funeral for him after all this."

"The snake poisoned him I take it?" asked Osiris.

"Ya, then the lion took the body away." replied Daryl. The king looked at Daryl and Osiris quizzicaly.

"Chimera don't carry their food away, ever." he said. Daryl, Osiris, Elissa, and the king looked past the countless waves of monsters.

"So, Darek could still be alive!" stated Elissa.

"Well, lets go. Round up as many as possible and we'll escape through the tunnels." said the king, walking away with Osiris.

*************************************

Sorry this chapter is so short! I will write one when I get up to 30 votes. I promise. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't you just hate cliff hangers?