Over a Drink

Seph's POV

The lounge is pretty quiet at this hour but that's to be expected. At 7:00 or 8:00 pm it's usually never packed, and people like to keep the chatter down like this floor was the library. Zack was with me and for this, he was gonna make me talk. Well I was gonna let him so let's see how well that goes. And you're probably wondering what I am gonna tell him and why. Well if I'm gonna keep Angeal and Genesis from betraying Shinra then I believe Zack will have to be my key for that. I might as well let him in on about everything even if some of it sounds crazy, but when did him not believe in anything I told him.
And it's going to be over a drink too, I don't quite remember how many drinks it took to get me blitzed since I never drank in a long-ass time but I guess now I'll find out.

*After at least 12 drinks
(Seph spoiling most of Crisis Core and FF7)
Also switching to Zack POV

"A-and~ I think... That's about all I can tell you..."

My mouth hung open as Seph finished his long and convoluted story, one which I don't think I'm gonna recover from for a while. I mean I'm impressed that it took 12 drinks to get him blitzed but the fact that he told me everything that is to happen in the future still felt unbelievable. I mean I knew Sephiroth was acting a little -scratch that more like a lot- differently than how I remembered him last week, but truthfully I don't think I believed most of what he said. I mean when the center of it all is Cloud and he's the result of what Sephiroth is bound to do in the future, then I can't help but be concerned. From what Seph told me, I'm the reason why Cloud became SOLDIER. And it wasn't even official so why would he-

"Isssh-something wrong?... Zack?" My rushing thoughts were interrupted by my drunk friend who unapologetically spilled the beans. In all honesty if he didn't say he was from the future then I would've filed this hangout under "Yikes..." and moved on. But it was all too compelling to ignore; I guess for now, my choice would be to trust him and hope he knows what he's doing. And with that in mind-

"So where is Cloud now?" Woah, he got sober quickly. Seph may have interrupted my train of thought but we were kinda thinking the same thing.

"I... I don't really know, man. I hadn't seen or heard from him in like three days, which was the reason why I turned in a Missing Cadet claim." I could tell my answer was unsavory to the general.

"Then where was the last place you saw him? Or heard of him for that matter."

"I think was..., the Slums of Sector 7. I was told that's where he was stationed after I left for my last mission. I don't know why his post changed; he was usually posted somewhere in the building." I know I probably made the situation feel much worse, considering the fact that I had no idea where he could be. Not knowing if he was safe or not placed a grimace on both of our faces. Our table fell silent, but moments later, Sephiroth just got up from the table and started walking away.

"Hey, wait! Where are you going?" stopping, he turns with a flushed face, giving me an answer I was not expecting.

"To Sector 7 Slums, he could still be there for all we know." Wait, so he's not sober at all?!
"I'll be gone for a while; tell Direct Lazard I'll clock back in when I can."

And just like that, he left. I couldn't even get another word in. Sephiroth... What are you planning to do?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
*A/N: This chapter is incredibly short, and there is no excuse for how long it took me to publish, but I'm at least glad it's finally out. I'm sorry for the long wait, and I hope I come back with more.

- Bsigo-OSP