I'm Really Back!

*Sephiroth will not be in character for the duration of a couple of chapters (maybe, I don't even know for how long myself), adopting a little bit of a Zack attitude here for the comedy of it 😉*

__________________________________

*Third Person

Safe. That's how Sephiroth felt right now. Nothing on this god-for-saken Planet could ever upset him. It felt like he was floating on a cloud of kittens, literal kittens. He felt safe and surrounded by softness, but whatever he was lying on was so lumpy, and he wished it would stop moving.

He didn't have the energy, much less want to, but he slowly opened his eyes to a squint until his sight was unblurred. Not two inches from his face, two brilliant glowing blue eyes stared back at him.

"......Cloud?" He whispered.

The eyes squinted in confusion and what might have possibly been a slight hint of anger.
"Who the hell is 'Cloud'?" Even the voice was dripping in venom. But it was more profound than the blonde's.

Slightly disappointed, Sephiroth pushed the man back a bit to take in the man's appearance; the voice sounded familiar somehow, so he had to be sure. Understanding the muted demand, he backed up off of Sephiroth.

This gave him a chance to sit up from where he was lying and clear his site better; his head was throbbing, so it wasn't easy to focus. From what he could tell, he was lying on a couch on one side of a room lit pretty bright for a small office.

 From what he could tell, he was lying on a couch on one side of a room lit pretty bright for a small office

Wait in an office room? Sephiroth thought. So I'm not in the Lifestream. I'm really back! And if that's true, I must be back in the Shinra Building. Sephiroth ended up getting too deep in thought and forgot about the man standing in front of him. The man flipped his auburn hair out of his face in annoyance.

"Are you just gonna sit there, staring blankly at the floor all day!?" He scowled, trying to get Seph to pay attention. But Sephiroth wasn't listening, so the man walked over to the opposite side of the couch, grabbed a sword leaning on the armrest, and lightly tapped Sephiroth's forehead with the ornamented end of the handle.

"Ouch." His hand silently darted its way up to his forehead. The man scoffed a bit before saying, "You need to pay attention when it's needed, Sephiroth."

It took Seph a little while to realize that the sword was a blood-red Longsword, a sword that held a candle to Sephiroth's Masamune, and he would recognize it anywhere. It belonged to a swordsman that not only-

"GEEZ! You don't listen, DO YOU!?" the man started scowling with even more annoyance. The single earring hanging from his ear danced as it caught the light in the room. The red leather he was wrapped in flapped against his legs as he stomped closer to the discombobulated Sephiroth, who jumped at his remark.

Seph finally looked up to face the man, who was undoubtedly enraged. But when he looked up, he immediately started to tear up, and a smile crept across his face. He had a hunch of who was in front of him, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to believe it; well, he believed it now. He did know this man.

"Ok, why are you suddenly crying, and why are you staring at me like that?" The redhead demanded.

Without even thinking for another second, Sephiroth quickly leaped from his seat, embracing the redhead closely. He couldn't hold back his tears or resist cracking a smile. So he just let his tears run down his cheeks as he gave the man a bone-crushing hug that nearly lifted his feet off the ground. "GENESIS!-It's you!-I'm Really Back!"

Out of nowhere, the door bursts open, sending another man into the room.
"Who's dying?! I heard screaming!" The third man yelled, almost grabbing the massive sword at his back.

Sephiroth loosened his hug on Genesis and turned his attention to the black-haired male. He would be recognized by Sephiroth any day, and the Buster Sword latched on his back was no small detail to ignore. His jet-black hair, smoothed back, was tied midway, and his eyes had a brighter shade of blue than Genesis'. He was wearing the standard SOLDIER uniform with no pauldrons as usual. He hasn't changed a bit since the last time Sephiroth saw him.

Seph continued to cry with joy and reach out for his old friend. And just like that, his friends -Angeal and Genesis- were with him again and safe in his grasp.