00; astor manor

The wind blew softly through Daisy Cornelia Astor's blonde hair as she sat in the back of a small black limousine that her grandparents ordered to pick her up all the way from the city

A small smile graced her lips, as her head struck out of the rolled-down window, the wind kissing her cheeks. 

Daisy Astor was a lot of things. Head of the Debate team at Nightingale-Bamford School, striving Fashion Influencer, New York Socialite. But none of these things mattered when she was truly home. And she doesn't mean New York City home. She means this. Cousins Beach. The most magical place on earth.

Cousins Beach was her safe harbour. 

The only constant in her life ever since the blonde was born almost 17 years ago. It was the place where she could be free, where she spend hours on the beach painting, having sleepovers with her best friends and spending time with her beloved grandparents. 

While Daisy's parents were never much around, she could always count on her Granny and Papa to make her feel loved and special. 

There was just something about summers in cousins that made life feel like a fairytale. And something in Daisy's gut was telling her that this years tale would be the best one yet.

The soft sound of pavers under the black car's wheels made a sense of safety wash over the teenager. She was home. Finally, home.

With a soft thud, the car came to a stop in front of the Astor Beach Mansion. The very place this fairytale commences. The familiarity of whites on whites blinded the blonde, as she looked upon the Mansion with a pearly smile. From afar Daisy caught a glimpse of her grandparents waiting for her above the steps.

"We have arrived, Miss Daisy," the driver spoke up, before leaving the car to open her door. 

"Thank you, Christopher," Daisy spoke softly, taking the hand the driver was offering her, her flats touching the soft pavers as she exited the car.

"Oh my sweet Daisy!" the voice of Emeliea Astor made Daisy turn around before being caught in a tight embrace. The soft and familiar smell of roses filled Daisy's nose, making the blonde feel like a child again. She remembers clearly the day her grandmother gifted her the very same perfume as a 14th birthday present. Claiming that every women needed their signature sent to make their presence known in every gathering.

"Oh Granny, I have missed you," Daisy exclaimed, a teary smile gracing her soft features, before turning around and hugging her grandfather with the same strength. The head of the family kissed his granddaughter's head lovingly, while Emeliea beamed behind them. 

While the Astors seemed to be the epitome of New Yorks Elite, the two elders of the family had a loving softness surrounding them that was unmatched. Daisy was eternally grateful for having been able to grow up alongside them.

"My sweet angel," William Astor Sr. chuckled, "you grew again" 

"You will have the perfect model measurements in no time," Emeliea chuckled, pinching her granddaughter's cheeks softly. Bashfully, the blond grinned at her grandparents, a rose tint covering her cheeks.

"Are you ready for the summer, my dear?" Emeliea asked her granddaughter softly, as she lead the blonde into the house. Two servers exited at the same time to carry Daisy's luggage inside.

"I waited for this since I left last year," Daisy chuckled, the smile never leaving her face. She wasn't lying. She had waited for a whole year for this exact moment. The very place her dreams made her come back to every night. Being at this very place, back with her grandparents, going to the Country Club with Shayla and Nicole, painting with Ms Fisher, having dinners Down Town and dancing at Balls. 

Oh boy, she had no idea what was coming for her. 

Welcome to Champagne Problems! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it! I am happy about every comment, vote and reader! xx 💘