Ch.3 Help Wanted

I could not figure out what was wrong with this RC car! Nothing was wrong with the axel, battery, or anything! I checked over the entire thing, and not a single bolt was out of place! I decided to take a break and work on the Dodge for a moment, not much I could do without those parts though.

I might as well clean it and make it look good. I searched for the sponge and put a layer of water on the red muscle car. It was coming across nicely, and I was quite proud of myself. It has only been one day, and it was already looking brand new! However, the engine is going to be a nightmare, I can already taste the energy drinks I'm gonna have to drink to stay awake.

A crash shook me from my body, and I shot up to my feet.

"Dave?" I yelped, hoping the short fused guy would answer, but all I got was silence. I shook off my fear and went back to cleaning.

Then I heard another crash.

I grabbed my wrench and held it by my head. Please just be a raccoon! I looked around the edge of the red Dodge to where I left the RC car. Though, what was there...it wasn't an RC car. It was...well...I don't know? A robot of some kind! What The Frick!!!!

I stood there in shock as the robot looked around...eyes? Looking around at...it's? Surroundings. I just freezed in shock, and my jaw dropped. What was this thing!!! It was deep blue, same as the RC car it once was, and skinny.

"Dumb kids." The thing said, and I scoffed on instinct. The thing jumped as it suddenly looked at me with its two beady, red eyes. We both screamed as we took battle positions, then it was silent.

It stayed that way before the robot opened its mouth," Okay...We good.I stammered, the thing nodded as it looked at me then mt wrench. We lowered our weapons and stayed in awkward silence for a minute.

"So, are you going to ask the first question?" I asked, the tiny robot looked up at me with cross eyes.

"Why should I, you were about to kill me!" the robot retorted, it had a rough voice, like a 50 year smoker (no offense).

"That's what you get for scaring the living life out of me!!" I came back. The robot jumped onto the desk and pointed a finger at me.

"What would you do if you came out of stasis in an unknown environment, shake your captor's servo?!" The robot contradicted, but it did have a good point.

"Touche." I sighed. Then there was silence again, until sparks flew from the robot's forearm.

"Frag, that kid really messed my weapons up." He muttered as he cradled his sparking arm. I walked towards the robot, but stopped as he tensed up.

" I can help." I simply stated. I took another step forward.

"Yeah, looks like you can take care of an injury." He gestured towards my black eye. It was better than yesterday, but the robot didn't know that.

"That's different" I sighed. I took another step forward and lifted a screwdriver from the desk. The RC car nodded as he showed me his injury, and I grabbed it gently as I checked it over.

"Danny." I stated my name as I checked over the robot's arm. The RC car grunted as he examined my work.

"Wheelie." is all he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, and all of this happened because of a stupid caste system." I questioned. Wheelie's arm has been fixed for a long time, and he seemed to have fun answering questions.

Wheelie and I talked for hours after that, sharing sarcastic comments here and there. He told me he was a Cybertronian, and was a retired scout of the Decepticons. Wheelie was now a full fledged Autobot and changed sides because of the treatment he received while with the faction. When I asked what a Decepticon was he explained the whole war that was going on between the two factions, and how the two leaders have been going against each other for ages! I felt like a kindergartener listening to all of his stories.

"Yeah, I think it's stupid too, kid." Wheelie muttered. He jumped down from the desk, and tested out his weapons. He then looked at the Dodge," Yoah, where did you get the autobot shell!" Wheelie roamed around the vehicle, rolling on his wheels. He touched the horn decal that had the half missing.

"Wait, what are you saying?" I stood up as I stared my eyes wide at the blue minicon," Are you saying I have a dead person in my workshop?!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Wheelie came back around the Dodge, and put his head on the front of the car," Yeah-wait. Nope, he's alive." He stated with an eerie smile,"Probably in stasis from the injuries he got." Wheelie confirmed. He then looked at the open hood, wincing at the state of the engine. I sat down on the ground in shock. I have a war machine in my garage! I have a flippin war machine In. My. Garage.

I starfished on the ground. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I have been working on an alien, that was in a human form of a coma, in my workshop!

Wheelie turned towards me with a smirk on his face," Don't tell me you didn't know!" He rolled up to my face and leaned in," Hmph," He grunted in my face. I rolled my eyes and shut them, processing what was just exposed. There was an injured war veteran, one from another planet, in my garage.

"What am I going to do?" I sighed, putting an arm over my eyes," I am way over my head." I can't help this guy. Not only are we different species, but I have nothing to do with his problems. I know I'm being selfish, but I don't want anything to do with this war!

" Fix him like you fixed me, stupid." Wheelie spat in my face, though I know he meant well. I picked up fast that Wheelie tended to speak in insults that meant nothing real, but what did he want me to do?!

" Yeah, but you only had a few pinched wires! This guy has more problems than my brother's social life, which is not good!" I threw my arms in the air for more emphasis as I yelled at the minicon. I can't possibly fix this mech, not like I did with Wheelie?!

" Not only does his engine have missing parts, he has a literal hole in him!" I screamed. It was totally fine when I thought it was only a car, but now I have someone's life in my hands! Is this how Mom feels on a daily basis?

" Yeah? This changes things, how?" Wheelie jumped onto my chest and pointed at my face" Just a few hours ago you were determined to get this guy fixed!"

"Yeah, but that was before I realized I had a life in my hands!" I shouted back.

"Well, now you don't have a choice!" The tiny mech yelled back, rolling closer to my face,"Call me an Optimist, but you are this soldier's only hope!" Wheelie stomped his foot on my chest in frustration. He had sadness in his eyes, and for once in my life I didn't know what to do. I knew the right thing to do was try to heal the coma induced robot, but I don't even know where to start! What if I accidentally kill him! I'm only 14 years old!

Wheelie sighed as he dropped his head, then looked at the red Dodge. " Kid, I don't even know how you got your hands on him." His face returned to the usual frown," And just as you said, his engine is really messed up. So frag it and call it fate if you want, but you can't deny that he needs help."

I took Wheelie's speech to heart, and thought it over. He's right that this guy, whatever his name was, needed help, and I was the closest help there was. My head went down in shame, wondering what I was supposed to do. I wanted to help, I really do! Though, how can I?

"Ok Wheelie...but you have to help me." I stated. The mech only nodded, and got off of my chest. He had a smirk on his face as he accomplished his feat.

Wheelie then jumped back onto the Dodge as he pointed to parts of the engine "Ok, kid. I'm no medic, but here's some stuff you want to avoid."