03. THE SACRED BENCH

( season three, episode one, part three )
' meet the family '

______The children of the Sparrow Academy were busy training as always as they compared notes on the potentially threatening intruders that they had stumbled upon earlier in the day

______
The children of the Sparrow Academy were busy training as always as they compared notes on the potentially threatening intruders that they had stumbled upon earlier in the day.

Seven treadmills stood in a line in the designated training room, one member of the academy on each of them as they were lined up by numerical order, sweat glistening their skin.

"The big one is strong but slow, possibly stupid." Marcus told them as they all convened and collecting intel, "Some sort of simian hybrid."

"Who took the little jumpy guy after Violet ran off with him?" Sloane asked chipperly, a small laugh escaping her lips.

"Me," Jayme announced, not being able to refrain from glancing at the sister he had fantasized about, "Just gave him a spanking and sent him to school." She joked as Alphonso laughed, fist bumping her.

Marcus then looked across the row of siblings before spotting Violet, her treadmill slowed down as she walked in place, seemingly in her own little world, "Did you know him, Vi?" He quirked an eyebrow, "You two did run away with each other for a solid ten minutes."

She shook her head, gaze cast downward, "We've never met before," She gulped, "But he did say that we knew each other in a different timeline, but personally I think he's just batshit crazy."

Ben scowled, "They all are," He stated aggressively, turning off his treadmill and wiping the sweat from his forehead with a towel.

"The skinny one is their weak link," Fei added in, no emotion displayed on her face, her usual black sunglasses shielding her eyes.

Ben scoffed, "Unless hiding behind couches shouting 'where's my daddy' is his superpower." He joked cruelly, a coy look flashing across his features, looking next to him, "Enough post-gaming. They disrespected us, Marcus, we need to be out there finding these freaks and taking them out."

Violet looked up as she heard glass clink lightly, seeing as Grace had set refreshments down on the coffee table, the blonde mouthed a quick 'thank you' before turning back to the conversation at hand.

She always had a distaste for how her siblings treated Grace, how they completely disregarded all she did for them and acknowledged her as nothing more than a robot.

"Oh, you mean like this?" Marcus said as he clicked a button on the remote that pulled up a security feed on the screen in front of them.

______
Violet had just returned to the main living room with Jayme, a girl with dark hair laid on the broken coffee table, concern flooded her thoughts for an unknown reason.

Why should she care if some random intruder was hurt?

Her whirlwind of emotions was foreign to her, she was great at compartmentalizing and shoving any negative or conflicting feelings, but it seemed that was changing.