Never

Im back! Sorry if it seems short  but just getting over writers block!

Ella's POV

“Wait, I don’t get it? You just have to make words?” I asked Nick putting my hair behind my ears loving the feeling of it being out in the open. He gave me a smile and sat down back next to me with a bowl of prawn cocktail crisps that I found out I love! We were sitting around a small table on cushions with Nicks parents, Ruby and Charlie who kept sending each other secret smiles strangely.

“ Pretty much, but it has to be linked with another word on the board and you get points for each letter or where you put them” Meg informed me as Nate put his arm around my shoulder. We had been playing games all after noon from 4 in a row to now playing scabble, 'Catching me up on my missing childhood' as Nate puts it. So far I loved twister the most though!

“Ok, I’ll start.” Nate put down the word blue from the middle and then wrote a number on a sheet of paper while I looked carefully at my letters. After a few seconds I finally saw a word. “Your go” I bit me lip as I laid down the word afflatus and the room fell silent. I smiled to myself and looked down.

“Afflatus, a strong creative impulse. I learnt it from a book a read…..does it still count if I stole it from a book?” I asked worried but all I got in reply was Nates fathers sigh. “This is going to be a long game” Everyone started laughing as Nate laid a kiss on my forehead making me giggle.

The game lasted for barely 20 minutes till we were nearly out of letters and I had the feeling I was winning because everyone else seemed to be biting their lip and sighing at the board. Maybe I should of not put so many words down? Will they hate me now? Panic settled in till I felt Nates eyes on me. “You don’t need to be worried about winning, Ella. It’s a good thing.” I looked at him unsure as Ruby put down another word.

“How do you keep knowing how I’m feeling?” He smiled making me heart flutter and looked down at his letters and spoke as he laid out a word. “It is a mate thing, you can do it to me aswell. Once we are mated we will be able to have the ability to communicate through our mind link but there is no rush for that, okay” I kept my eyes on him focusing deeply on our bond till I felt something.

I smiled as the feeling of happiness was on him which he sensed as he took one of my hands. We broke eye contact as Charlie cleared his throat. “Umm, Ella your go, if you finished making googly eyes that is” Nates parents gave a laugh as a blush appeared on my cheek.

I picked up my last three letters ready to go for a triple word when a scream filled the air. Nate was to his feet immediately and running out the room followed by his dad. Feeling Nates panic through the mate bond I got up as well and jogged slowly to where his scent trailed to Ava’s room.

Finally I reached the top of the stairs and walked fast to her room where I saw Meg in tears. I walked past a heckling Nate and smiling David (Nate’s dad) to Ava who was on her bed with a bat in her hand. “What happened?!” I asked cautiously.

“M….m….m….mouse. Big mouse. Huge freaking mouse!” She over exaggerated making Nate and his father burst into laughter to which I joined in. “Its not funny! It was hug….” I barely noticed her talking had cut off with the laughter in the air but as soon as my eyes caught her body falling limply on her bed my breath was caught off.

We all rushed to her side seeing her shaking and tears streaming out her eyes. “Dammit, she’s having one of her episodes” “Nate held her arms down in place as she started to thrash making me whimper at the thought of her in pain. “Whats happening?” I asked as Meg ran in the room looking sorrowfull. “Ava has the ability to read peoples thoughts and memories but also have visions of the future, unfortunately sometimes it is really painful. But she cant hide from the pain”