Chapter 4 - How Exasperated

"Do the both of you have a mission here?"

Elias asked the driver.

"Yes. We've got some information that some of the organization's members is in Japan."

James answered him.

"We'd almost catch one of the members, Vermouth during in America, but she managed to escape. Also, many of their members were spotted in Japan."

Jodie, who sat on the passenger seat explained to Elias. He nodded in understanding.

"Speaking of it Jodie-san, I have already prepare your resident as per your request."

Elias talked to Jodie.

"Thank you, Elias-kun. I'm sorry to bother you for something like this."

"No, it's not a bother."

..........................

Elias go to his usual place--the cafe--bringing his laptop. He need to do some paperwork that James gave him. In the cafe, he saw the back of a person that he knew very much at the table he usually sitting. Elias walked towards the person with a small smile.

"It's not so nice of you to come here without telling me, Akai-san. What would you do if I'm not here?"

"I am very sure that you're here."

Akai replied nonchalantly. Elias eyed him with his azure eyes.

"Why would you cut your long hair. I liked it very much."

He complained. Akai didn't bother to answer. Elias mind remembered the news he had read that day and sighed inwardly. He rummaged his pocket and took out a lollipop.

"Here, take it."

Elias handed the lollipop to Akai. Akai look at the lollipop with his eyebrow raised questioningly.

"The sweets are good for you, it's better than smoking cigarettes."

Elias explained to him offhandedly while taking out one more lollipop for himself. Akai watched the lollipop and Elias who was typing something on his laptop for a while suddenly stop. He can see that the younger man had something in his mind. Akai stared him thoughtfully.

Elias who was typing can't seem to focus. Many of his thoughts was spinning in his mind.

'I am sure that he will take a revenge on Miyano-san. He should at least tell me about it. It's not like I will ignore any of his request or something.'

His eyebrows furrowed. The more he thought, the more he irritated.

'I'm so exasperated.'

"With me?"

Akai asked. His question startled Elias.

'I blurted that out loud.'

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Ask that question to yourself. Now, don't disturb me. Just drink your...black coffee or whatsoever."

Elias eyed the coffee in front of Akai begrudgingly. He didn't know what so interesting with that bitter coffee that Akai always order it.

......................

Some customers are enjoying a soft music in a fancy restaurant. At a table in the corner, there were two men in black was sitting.

"Did you see the look on the client's face? He didn't realize that drink was his last."

Vodka was looking at the client's name card while laughing. Then he looked at the long silver-haired man in front of him.

"Right, Aniki?"

His partner, Gin ignored him completely. Vodka looks towards the person that Gin was watching. There was a woman who was talking with a waiter at the backstage.

"Ah. It's that singer, isn't it? She has a good voice, that singer. A good figure as well. Are you interested?"

His talk stopped as a waiter is walking to their table.

"These are dry martinis. From the mistress."

The waiter put down the drinks and motion to the singer. Vodka then picked up the drinks and replied.

"We gladly accept."

Suddenly, a cigarette was dipped into the drinks and Vodka was surprised. The perpetrator are looking towards the waiter.

"What do you want?"

The waiter was confused at the question.

"I said, what are you trying to do!?"

Gin raised his voice while slamming the waiter's head on the table. At the same time, he grabs an ice pick and stabbed at the waiter's head. Unfortunately, the expected gruesome scene didn't appear. On the table, there was just a human mask.

"Vermouth."

Gin glared at the laughing woman.

"Just kidding. A joke, a joke.. Don't be so stiff."

Vodka was dumbfounded watching between Vermouth and the drinks.

"I decided to greet the two admiring that woman, if you don't mind."

"Hey, what if someone notices you, the famous actress, doing something like this?"

Vodka a little worried as he glanced around them.

"Don't worry. Everyone's eyes are still glued to that singer."

Vermouth replied nonchalantly. Gin intercepted their talk.

"So, did you find what you were searching for?"

"Well, I haven't found 'that one' yet."

" 'That one'? Why not just tell us what you're after?"

Vodka asked Vermouth. Hearing that, Gin scoffed.

"It's useless, she's prone to keeping secrets."

"Oh, it's true. 'A secret makes a woman, woman'. A secret is what makes a woman beautiful."

"How sickening."

Gin muttered. Vermouth walked a little closer to Gin.

"Hey, let me asked you one thing. Have you found the kitty that got away?"

"No, but I certainly will. My nose can always detect the scent of a traitor. I'll make her taste true fear..."

Gin remembered at the time when he met Sherry.

"..And it'll be the same for that guy she's with."