The Cricket Game pt 2

Heading over to Archie's office, the dead man himself had been removed from the premises, but that cold reminder of death was still lingering by as they searched. Files, documents, anything they could get their hands on, the four of them looked through anything that might point them in a direction they could go. After a few moments, David let out a sigh and said, "Huh. Regina's file. It's empty."

"So she did it," Mary Margaret gasped, and (Y/n) put her hands in her face. "She killed the kindest soul in this town. A man who only cared about helping."

"I promise, we'll find whoever really did this," Emma said as (Y/n) stood from her spot on the couch, looking over at her mind-set parents.

"Isn't it time you admit we already have?" David said as he looked at his daughters. "Regina had a fight with Archie, Ruby saw her outside last night, and now her file is empty. That's a lot of evidence."

After a quick silent exchange between the twins, (Y/n) said, "Maybe that's the idea."

"What do you mean?" David asked.

"Well, I don't know how it is in Fairy Tale Land, but in the real world, it's usually hard to find evidence," Emma stated. "But this has been way too easy. Unless someone wants us to find evidence."

"Oh, so you think she was framed," Mary Margaret slightly scoffed as she sat down on the arm of the couch.

"It's nothing new in this town," (Y/n) said as she looked pointedly at Mary Margaret.

"Who would want to frame her?" David asked them.

"That's a long list. Present company included," Mary Margaret muttered.

"Yeah, but there's only one name on that list that would resort to killing to get what they want," Emma realized, and everyone in the room knew who she was talking about.

Rushing through the town, they headed for Mr. Gold's shop as fast as they could. When they walked in, they saw him with Belle, a woman that, surprisingly, fell in love with him in the Enchanted Forest before the curse. She was a sweet, kind woman with an affinity for reading and a passion for books. When the family walked in, Gold's face fell as he realized he wasn't going to have a pleasant day any longer.

"Ah. Nothing warms the heart more than a family reunited," Gold said mockingly. Pointing at the twin girls, he said, "You have your mother's chin."

"We know that you killed him," Emma went off on him.

"And your father's tact."

"Someone's dead?" Belle asked, looking at them all shocked.

"Dr. Hopper. Archie," (Y/n) answered, and looked to Mr. Gold as he spoke.

"Why on earth would you think I had anything to do with that?" Gold asked, looking at the quizzically.

"Because all the evidence points to Regina," Emma said, which only confused him further.

"And she's not possible capable of doing something so vile?" Belle stated, standing next to Gold.

"Oh, it's a frame job," (Y/n) assured her.

"It wouldn't be the first time you used someone to try and hurt her," Mary Margaret said, and Gold gave her a wry smile.

"Nice to see your memory's still in tact, dearie, but this time I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disappoint you. It wasn't me," Gold claimed.

"Why should we believe you?" David asked as he crossed his arms.

"Because I can prove it. Ask the witness."