The Doctor

The trek back to the survivor island was easier now that they knew the way to the haven. Although disappointed they weren't able to get back to Storybrooke via the wardrobe, Emma, (Y/n), and Mary Margaret were more determined than before to escape this land before Cora could get to their family. They couldn't risk a woman like her meddling with Storybrooke's fragile state. Not when they knew everyone was still in a panic from the broken curse.

"I don't know if I can do this. I'm not a very good liar," Aurora worried as they stepped through the brush towards the center of the island.

"It's not really a lie, Aurora," Mary Margaret soothed. "Lancelot did die an honorable death and Cora did escape, all true."

"Just in a different time frame, is all," (Y/n) said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Just leave the particulars to us. There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic amongst your people," Emma told them, but Mulan had stopped in front of them, her gaze on one of the watchtowers in front of them.

Just as Aurora went to respond, Mulan put her hand out to stop them. "Wait," she commanded, and her worried eyes went back to the tower. "The tower. We always have sentries guarding the entrance." Drawing her sword, she muttered, "Stay close," as they carefully walked forward into the camp.

The first thing they saw was the smoke, then the debris of the buildings around them. Finally, they saw the bodies that littered the ground all over the camp. Men, women, and children were all laid upon the ground, their eyes unseeing and their bodies unmoving. "Oh, my God," (Y/n) whispered as she looked at the horror. Looking closer, she noticed that they all had blood spilling from their chests, holes ripped into their bodies.

Looking to see if there was anyone alive, they assessed the damage to their haven. No one was breathing. Everyone was dead. "This can't be. Our land, we were protected here, hidden. How did the ogres find us?" Mulan questioned, but Mary Margaret looked closer at the bodies.

"Ogres didn't do this," she said, noticing the red rimmed chests. "Cora did. Their hearts, they were ripped out. This is her magic, twisted and evil. We have to stop her!"

"We're too late. She killed them. She killed them all."

"But we have to stop her before she hurts anyone else," Mary Margaret urged Mulan, who was distraught over the sight.

"Guys! Hey, guys!" (Y/n) called, noticing movement under a large pile of the bodies. "Someone's alive under here!"

"Please!" they heard the man say, and all of them helped him up as they pushed the bodies from his form. "Please help me!"

"It's okay!" Mary Margaret said, and the man looked to her. "It's okay. You're safe now. We won't hurt you."

"Thank you. Thank you," he whispered, and (Y/n) looked him over questionably. He had short black hair and scruff, with shockingly blue eyes. His hand was what caught her attention. His left one was missing. His other was covered in large rings, while on one ear he has a dangling earring.

Taking him and getting him up to his feet, they helped the man to a nearby table as he caved into himself, reserving himself from the women surrounding him. (Y/n) watched him as Emma asked Mulan, "Have you seen him before?"

"Yes, I've seen him around," she answered. "He's a blacksmith. Came to our camp a couple months ago. Said he lost his hand in an ogre attack."

"And you believe him?" (Y/n) asked, scrutinizing the man before them.

"As far as I can tell, he's given no reason nor sign to lie," Mulan said as they walked back, a cup of water in Emma's hand to give to the man.

"Why would Cora leave a survivor? It's messy. It doesn't make sense," Emma said, voicing (Y/n)'s thoughts.