Chapter 18

Peter and Wanda made their way to the couch, while holding each other's hands. Wanda changed them into their casuals as they sat down. 

"Home sweet home." Peter said with relief.

"I'll say." Wanda said, giving Peter a soft kiss. "You wanna know something Peter?" she asked.

"What?" Peter asked, smiling in her direction.

"I know I told you I wanted you to stay here. But I'm glad you didn't listen to me." Wanda said with a smile of her own. With that smile Peter couldn't resist the urge to kiss her again.

"It was my pleasure.....to disobey you." Peter said, earning a laugh out of Wanda.

"Oh, I love you Peter Parker." Wanda said once her laughter subsided. Peter put on a smirk.

"I know." he simply said.

Once again, Wanda erupted into a fit of laughter, with Peter suddenly joining her. "I said I'm in love with Peter Parker, not Han Solo." she joked.

"I'm your Han Solo. I'm your scruffy-looking scoundrel." he said with a grin. Wanda shook her head and laughed once more.

"I can't with you, I swear." she commented. They then sat in silence, just embracing each other when Wanda broke the silence. "I gotta say Peter. I really missed the red and blue."

Peter smirked as it was no surprise she did not like the black suit. Especially since it talked back to her that one time.

"I never would have guessed." Peter said with sarcasm. Wanda rolled her eyes and sighed.

"So you're taking a break from the black suit?" she asked.

"A permanent break." Peter said with more seriousness. Wanda moved her head from his shoulder once she detected the change in his tone of voice and gave him her undivided attention, waiting for him to continue. "Wanda, while you were dealing with Agatha, I had a bit of an experience of my own."

"What?" she asked.

"Well. To get that suit checked out by Doctor Connors." Peter said. Wanda's eyes grew in surprise.

"So he found something out about the suit you have?" she asked.

"Had." Peter said. "And yes he did. He concluded that the suit was a symbiote, which is an organism that needs to bond to host in an oxygen-rich environment. And it chose me."

"I get that." Wanda said, nodding her head.

"Well, there was a consequence to that. The symbiote it turned out was changing me in more ways than one. It started to make me to do things it wanted to do, and caused me to become more violent.....more short tempered.....I was slowly turning into a monster." Peter said.

'No shit.' Wanda thought to herself, but allowed Peter to keep talking.

"But that's not all. Dr. Connors did some x-rays on me. Turns out, the symbiote was eating away at my vital organs!" Peter said.

"What?!" Wanda said. "It was killing you?!"

"In a way yes." Peter said. "It makes it so that the host will have to depend on the symbiote for survival, just as it does with the host. And if you are bonded for too long, and the host and symbiote become separated......"

"The host dies." Wanda finishes. Peter nodded. "Well now I am absolutely grateful we don't have to worry about that thing now. I told you there was something off about that suit Peter."

"Yeah, you did." Peter said. "Though, to be honest......it wasn't entirely bad. It enhanced my powers and it felt nice whenever it covered my body. Wasn't totally horrible."